19.5 Bigfoot deluxe update - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #1

Name: george
Trailer: Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Talking 19.5 Bigfoot deluxe update

Hi All, I haven't been on here since April. Here's the scoop: I found this trailer late last fall, winterized her, and put her to bed. I gave it a thorough washdown this spring and discovered some soft spots in the veneer liner around the windows. It also has a set of storm inside windows that may have been in part responsible for the condensation/ leak issues. (I notice a few shrinkage voids in the window vinyl where daylight is visible around the glass.) A reseal is in order. I think it may have had some heavy use for part of its' earlier life.
I redid all the brakes and replaced the drums (Rust!) The frame looks solid.
I have mothballed the water system for the summer as she is parked at the lake for the next 4 months. I use a small electric furnace for heat and cook outside on a camp stove
After dry-camping in it for a week in the rain, there was a slight musty smell and I will address that this fall. I'll be staying 5 or 6 nights at a time and then leaving it for 2-3 weeks so it's not feasible to use the water system or toilet.
I must say it's great to have all the space (coming from the same logistics in a Trill 13!) I'll update as I deal with new issues but I'm lovin' it so far!
George
gmcgilli66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
George, we'd love to see photos, and especially progress pics of your repairs and modifications
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot