1963 Nomad Camper / Boat - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-30-2018, 08:48 PM   #15

Name: Matt
Trailer: Nomad tent trailer
Tennessee
Thanks, Leslie! Just saw this reply. Thanks. I finally got around to starting my own thread with a picture of my Nomad set up.

MattTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:40 PM   #16

Name: Sara
Trailer: Nomad
British Columbia
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a 1963 Nomad boat/tent trailer. It has the original tent although it isn't a drop-down one, and is rotten. I read on this thread that there is an original pattern available

Mine just goes over top of the trailer unit, more like on the video on You-Tube.

The original "flooring" and cupboards are intact as well, but the cooler is missing. I can't quite tell how the boat and trailer were originally held together.

The trailer portion of mine is a heavily oxidized maroon colour, which I am currently working on restoring. The boat fibreglass needs some minor repairs and painting as well. I'm pretty thrilled to own this little gem, and looking forward to posting some pictures and getting it back into shape. Any information and/or advice from other Nomad owners or RV owners would be greatly appreciated.

Sara Kalis Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #17

Name: Ronnie
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
1965 Nomad

Hi, I have the opportunity to purchase a 1965 Nomad Boat camper. There is no canvass material and no pattern. I saw that you had someone local that could make the material. Do you still have the contact info and the old material. Also if you have any pictures you couls share.

Thank you
CobberR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:35 AM   #18

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
A good choice for the canvas fabric would be the Surlast urethane coated polyester canvas. Surlast is one of the Sunbrella companies products. It is very strong and durable and the colors are UV resistant The coating means no leaks!

I used it for the canvas on my Trailswest Campster popup section. It does not fray at the edges because of the coating so that makes it easy to work with.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #19

Name: Ronnie
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
1965 Nomad

Thanks for the info, now I need a pattern to work from

CobberR is offline   Reply With Quote