1971 Compact Jr. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2016, 05:34 PM   #1

Name: Janice
Trailer: Compact Jr
Saskatchewan
1971 Compact Jr.

Thanks for welcoming me aboard. Just picked up poppie and hoping for some guidance. Being in Canada, these are rare beasts. In fact she is the only one in Saskatchewan.

So here are my questions

Is a cover for the front window standard or an option

Has anyone created a users manual. The electrical has me a bit stymied.

Standard interior shots. Mine has no washroom. Anyone added an area for a portapottie.

There will be more. Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Janice
Janice Laliberte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:28 AM   #2

Name: Bill
Trailer: Hunter
British Columbia
Registry
Compact Jr

We put a portapottie in the cupboard below the closet. We moved the battery to the front - outside behind the propane tank. We then rewired everything. Both 12v and 120v - adding an access hatch for the 120v external power cable.
Good Luck with your project.
We may have the only Compact Jr on Vancouver Island!
billmccracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:04 PM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: Compact Junior
Saskatchewan
Red face Not the only CJ in Saskatchewan

Janice
"CJ" sits in our yard in Watrous after having been restored in the past 4 months. We were able to have it out twice for a 'trial run' and we are hooked!!!
Go slowly with your renovation and set yourself at least 2 full years to complete the task. My wife and I have redecorated the interior (paint and reupholstering), rewired both the 12v and 120v, added a solar LED light (great), and built a moveable step (access to a tall doorstep).
Next season we plan to clean and repolish the exterior, address some strange storage issues, and attend at least one "egg" convention. The "egg" convention???????? A gathering of fiberglas campers of which there will be one at Manitou Regional Campground in mid-July 2017.

Good luck with your project and don't be afraid to contact us to share successes and challenges.(or just commisserate about being a proud owner!!)

Jim and Sharon
jish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:10 PM   #4

Name: Patricia
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr and 2020 Casita SD
Louisiana
Registry
Hunter Compact bathroom

Hi Janice,
Congrats on your camper purchase. I purchased a Hunter Compact Jr
that originally had no bathroom. During my rebuild I widened the garmet
closet to make a "pottie" room. My rebuild took 1.5 years. See pictures in my profile page.
Patricia
Down the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #5

Name: Janice
Trailer: Compact Jr
Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jish View Post
Janice
"CJ" sits in our yard in Watrous after having been restored in the past 4 months. We were able to have it out twice for a 'trial run' and we are hooked!!!
Go slowly with your renovation and set yourself at least 2 full years to complete the task. My wife and I have redecorated the interior (paint and reupholstering), rewired both the 12v and 120v, added a solar LED light (great), and built a moveable step (access to a tall doorstep).
Next season we plan to clean and repolish the exterior, address some strange storage issues, and attend at least one "egg" convention. The "egg" convention???????? A gathering of fiberglas campers of which there will be one at Manitou Regional Campground in mid-July 2017.

Good luck with your project and don't be afraid to contact us to share successes and challenges.(or just commisserate about being a proud owner!!)

Jim and Sharon

Hi Jim and Sharon

Wondering if some time in the next while I can drive down to waitrons and see your Compact Junior. The whole hoses, electrical etc has me confused. Hoping you can walk me thru it.
Would be nice to meet

Cheers
Janice
Janice Laliberte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:10 AM   #6

Name: Jim
Trailer: Compact Junior
Saskatchewan
Smile Visit to CJ Compact Junior

Janice

We'd be more than glad to have you come to visit "CJ" (Compact Junior) and us (Jim and Sharon) in Watrous. Pre-arrange by using jim.coulter@sasktel.net. While here it might be worthwhile taking a look at our regional campground (the site of an 'egg convention' in mid July.

Jim Coulter
jish is offline   Reply With Quote