1972 Boler American in the PNW - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #1

Name: Cesar
Trailer: Boler American
Oregon
1972 Boler American in the PNW

Greetings all,

I have been lurking on this forum while searching for a 13 footer. I wasn't particular about the maker, I just wanted a simple trailer as an upgrade from tent camping (our dog is terrible in a tent...)

Well I just purchased a 1972 Boler American! It is definitely a "blank canvas" since it was gutted, but all the internal FG fixtures came with it. You may have seen in on the classifieds here or over at FG-rv-4sale. Anyway, I consider myself a pretty handy diy'er and I'm learning quite a bit on this site as well as other, so I thank you all for your willingness to help others.

I do have one specific question: the PO who started the resto did a bit of glass work to close off some of the cutouts. I assume he wanted leak proof and less amenities. I am overall pleased with his work, but I am at a loss with one of the openings. Near the lower rear of the door side (curb side?), there is 1 hole, approx. 2" in diameter that I assume is a port for some utility. However, all of the photos I have seen have the electric and city water on the other side behind the kitchen. From some photos on google, I can see some trailers have it and some don't, but the pictures aren't close enough to tell what that hole is for... Any help would be appreciated. Also, just in case, the hole is WAY too big to be to be for a corner light and like I said, I have seen photos of trailers with a "port" in that location. Thanks and I look forward to showing progress soon.
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:18 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations, Cesar! I'll look forward to your work on this project.

My Scamp has a fill port for the fresh water tank in the location you describe. The tank is located in the curb side dinette bench. Sounds like about the right size.

Best wishes with your project!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:45 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Welcome Cesar,

Here is a photo of my boler American when I first got it. You can see the water fill spout behind the rear wheel below the window. It is white with a black sticker above it.

PM me your serial # if you have it. I'm trying to track the patterns.
Not doing quite a good job tracking as Dave Tilston is tracking the Trilliums.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #4

Name: Cesar
Trailer: Boler American
Oregon
Jon/Roy,

Thanks for the feedback! So the water tank is placed in that corner! That makes sense. Thank you. Even though I got 90% of the parts with this trailer, it is still like a jigsaw puzzle.

Roy- I will PM you my serial. The dmv gave me a raised eyebrow when I got it titled since they use that as the VIN, but they figured it out.

I will start a new thread to track the resto progress. I appreciate the warm welcome.
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler