1972 Hunter Compact Jr...yikes? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-09-2016, 10:52 PM   #15

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
The back door tends to pop open so bring some way to seal it closed just in case.

A tire shop should be able to check the tires and repack the bearings in very little time- might be worth a stop on the way back.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:10 AM   #16

Name: Talia
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr.
USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
The back door tends to pop open so bring some way to seal it closed just in case.

A tire shop should be able to check the tires and repack the bearings in very little time- might be worth a stop on the way back.
Good point on the door, bungie on the list. As far as the bearings go, I can do that as long as I can get my hands on the proper replacements. With luck, when I pull them out they will be fine and I can just grease and go. Kind of on a strict budget, so unless I run into problems, I don't want to pay someone to do a job that is as simple as bearings.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:11 AM   #17

Name: Wade
Trailer: Hunter compact jr
Alabama
Registry
Make sure to put a pin, bolt, wire or something in the hitch after you close it to secure it on the ball. Should be 2" hitch. Note that on most Hunters this is located BENEATH the hitch and is a little hard to find if you don't know where it is. With a light tongue weight I would definitely make sure you do this to keep it from "popping" open on a rough road.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #18

Name: Talia
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr.
USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade the K View Post
Make sure to put a pin, bolt, wire or something in the hitch after you close it to secure it on the ball. Should be 2" hitch. Note that on most Hunters this is located BENEATH the hitch and is a little hard to find if you don't know where it is. With a light tongue weight I would definitely make sure you do this to keep it from "popping" open on a rough road.
Yep, have that one covered as long as the hitch is in working order.