1972 Hunter Structures trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #1

Name: Linda
Trailer: Hunter Structures
Washington
1972 Hunter Structures trailer

Hi, I am Linda from Tenino Wa. I picked up my first travel trailer on Thursday from a funny Packwood old-timer. Her name is "Pop Tart". She was made by Hunter Structures but I'm not sure of the model. She needs a little tlc but she is camp ready as is. I will post some pictures when I can upload them from my phone.

I am looking forward to fixing up this little travel trailer, our many adventures, and all of the new friends we are going to make along the way. Cheers.
kafinefre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #2

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Congrats. Welcome.
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Welcome to the group. From what I see in your avitar it looks like a Compact Jr. but post more pictures.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #4

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Welcome!
I love Packwood, I've motorcycled through there a couple of times...The whole town is a "funny old-timer"!
Have fun with your "new" Pop Tart
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
There are at least three different Hunter "Compacts" The Compact-I, Compact-II and the Compact Jr. As mentioned, yours is a "Junior". There is another Compact Jr. being restored in your area as I speak, perhaps they will answer up as well.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrat's on your new Pop Tart! Cute trailer........ One recommendation would be to have the wheel bearings packed..... Buying used we are never really sure when that was last done so it's always a good idea!

Have fun! Get out and enjoy pop tart!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #7

Name: Teri
Trailer: Casita looking for, currently have a RoadTrek
California
Registry
Welcome to FGRV. It looks like you have a Compact Jr. I have a Trailswest Campster, similiar but different manufacturer.

It looks like you have an awning of some kind over the door. That looks intriguing. I am looking forward to more pictures and seeing your new adventures in "Pop-Tart".
teri85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #8

Washington
Thanks for all of the kind words of welcome. I'm sure that I will learn a lot from all of you that have come before me, which is good because I will need all of the help that I can get.

I looked at the tags on the outside of the trailer and as many of you have already suspected it is a Compact Jr., number 154. We are having a new canvas made this week and getting ready for its first trip.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #9

Washington
I want to reply to everyone's individual posts but I cannot quite figure out how so please have patience with my newbee shortcomings...i'll get it together.

Bob, I hope the person you mentioned speaks up too. I would like to check out their Compact Jr.

Thanks for the tip about packing the wheel bearings Robin, I will make sure that happens before it's maiden voyage.

Teri, I asked the last owner about the awning and he said it was homemade. There are a lot of ingenious additions to this trailer that can only come from an 80 year old's DIY attitude.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #10

Name: Rick and Heather
Trailer: Hunter Compact Junior 1972...Cosmic Yellow
Washington
Registry
Welcome to the club.
I have a 1972 Compact Jr., serial number 298. We've had it 10 months and haves gone out 10 times. Lots of upgrades but nothing too elaborate. New tires and repack of wheel bearings, replaced cushions, remodeled the closet, upgraded the lights to led, new stripes, deoxidization and some electrical. Mostly we just have fun in our little sanctuary...and we use it as much as possible without getting stuck in the fixit mode. We Live in SW Washington. Be sure to contact us of you have questions on upgrades or groovy quirks of the Jr. that we may have learned about so far. Happy camping.
Rick and Heather.
Rick S. is offline   Reply With Quote