1st fiberglass RV a Mity-Lite - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #15

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Registry
Awesome project Kevin. I love to buy gutted campers and make them my own.

Question tho I notice a lot of people sell and buy campers with no title or VIN numbers, is that not a problem when you go to the DMV to register it. I would never buy anything with out a title. I saw a show not that long ago where a guy bought a camper with no title and then when the DMV did the search it was found that was a stolen trailer and the police took it and the guy was out the cash he paid for it.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #16

Name: kevin
Trailer: Miti-Lite
Washington
It's always a financial and emotional risk. That's why it's always best not to. But this was a strait up emotional purchase for me. It was too cool and rare to pass up and at the right time in my life. I felt peace about the purchase. I did make sure I could not find a vin on it before buying it. If I could have then I would have ran a vin search on one of the many online vin search sites before buying it. But with out a vin there is no way to identify it stolen. So from there you go.....Well, I pray it was not stolen. (Because no one wants to own something that was stolen ) If God forbid it was stolen I hope they had insurance. And I give myself condolence that I was willing to pay so much for it and that I am going to save it and give it life again and make it better then new.
From there, I take it to the State Patrol and they do an inspection on it and issue me a new vin with a three year grace period at which time I get my Title. And this happens every day. To find out it was stolen is more of the exception then the rule. You always hear about the plane going down but not the thousands of flights each day. But it is always a risk and never an ideal situation if nothing else because the extra trouble. But for me this time I felt this trailer was worth it.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:04 AM   #17

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Registry
I know all too well the felling of emotion when buying something. I bought my second Boler that way but did have a lot of phone calls and emails back and forth with the previous owner and his local DMV office before I drove 1/2 way across Canada to pick it up.

Love the pics of your camper. And wish you good luck with getting a title. We all need to do our part in keeping these campers on the road.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin57 View Post
It's always a financial and emotional risk. That's why it's always best not to. But this was a strait up emotional purchase for me. It was too cool and rare to pass up and at the right time in my life. I felt peace about the purchase. I did make sure I could not find a vin on it before buying it. If I could have then I would have ran a vin search on one of the many online vin search sites before buying it. But with out a vin there is no way to identify it stolen. So from there you go.....Well, I pray it was not stolen. (Because no one wants to own something that was stolen ) If God forbid it was stolen I hope they had insurance. And I give myself condolence that I was willing to pay so much for it and that I am going to save it and give it life again and make it better then new.
From there, I take it to the State Patrol and they do an inspection on it and issue me a new vin with a three year grace period at which time I get my Title. And this happens every day. To find out it was stolen is more of the exception then the rule. You always hear about the plane going down but not the thousands of flights each day. But it is always a risk and never an ideal situation if nothing else because the extra trouble. But for me this time I felt this trailer was worth it.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #18

Washington
Thanks Rick.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:37 PM   #19

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Hey Kevin, Tomorrow is the two-year anniversary of your first post on FGRV regarding your love-at-first-sight Mity Lite (Take Five?) "project" camper, and it's almost been two years since your last post about it. How's it going? Been camping in it yet? Regardless, I hope you are still lovin' it! Dale
Old 02-02-2016, 10:16 AM   #20

Washington
Thanks for checking in!! Yah Ive turned a little trailer into a big project and it has not been the priority I wish it could be. Unfortunately It still has a way to go so I have not yet used it. But I def still love it and I'm keeping an eye out for one for sale or in someone's backyard that might sell. One that is complete so I can just go enjoy until I can finish this one.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #21

Name: pat
Trailer: MITY LITE
British Columbia
Let me know what pics you need. I've got the TAKE FIVE"
Old 02-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #22

Name: alan
Trailer: mity lite
Washington
just bought a 1985 mity lite neat little trailer a little fixing and be ready for der hunting.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #23

British Columbia
Cool ! Any pics ?
Old 02-12-2016, 12:43 PM   #24

Washington
sorry no pictures. need to get new tires and wheel bearings curtins and a clearance light lense and tabe top missing. it has a heater 2 burner cook stove and a frig. storage compartments and canvas is in good shape just coming lose. nice unit for a 31 year old. do you own one too?
Old 02-12-2016, 10:55 PM   #25

British Columbia
I do. I just picked up a take five Mity lite 1984 three weeks ago. It's in pretty good condition. I plan to replace the canvas with sunbrella, update the wiring install a furnace I have paint exterior and exterior, New tires new bearings, new floor down, new door molding; good times in the spring !
Old 02-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #26

British Columbia
I'm in north Vancouver bc
Old 02-16-2016, 09:34 AM   #27

Washington
if you ever get in this area let me know we can get together and check out each others trailers.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:43 AM   #28

British Columbia
Cool. Where are you ?

Tags
miti-lite