Another new user with Subaru towing dreams - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #29

Name: Rob
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Thanks for the suggests everyone

I feel like I've almost got enough puzzle pieces to put together a whole picture now.

I'm also starting to eye other options for towing like the Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander... Hopefully Subaru will counter well with the new Ascent before I have to change my identity. I used to own a Subaru and loved it more than anything. I didn't think it would ever be possible to get it out of my system.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:49 PM   #30

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21 (on order) & 2017 Jeep GC 5.7 (Sold 2012 Casita FD 17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTs View Post
Thanks for the suggests everyone

I feel like I've almost got enough puzzle pieces to put together a whole picture now.

I'm also starting to eye other options for towing like the Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander... Hopefully Subaru will counter well with the new Ascent before I have to change my identity. I used to own a Subaru and loved it more than anything. I didn't think it would ever be possible to get it out of my system.
I used to have a thing for air-cooled Volkswagens.

But, I got over it!

Anymore, it seems I buy vehicles, not brands. Features, opportunity, price, different needs, it can take you all over the map. Most recently, my planned Audi Q7 became a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's complicated.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:22 PM   #31

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I have been happily towing my 13' Burro with a 2014 manual 4 cylinder Outback. There are never more than two adults, mostly just me and stuff for one person. I would not want to have an actual trailer bathroom in this mix because

(a) the trailer is already small and making the living space smaller is not appealing - we use campground bathrooms when available and the weeds when camping off grid and it's all good.
(b) the trailer is small! bathrooms can get stinky, and stinky in a small space...no thanks.
(c) it's weight I don't want to add to the car's load.