Another newbie to egg campers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2017, 07:47 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2018 Parkliner
Utah
Another newbie to egg campers

Hi gang
I'm an old guy and wife living in Utah, about to trade in a Chalet camper and order a new Parkliner from a dealer in Mesa. If any of you can help with a couple of option questions, I'd be obliged.

Is the magic table worthwhile? We would sleep as singles with the table or space between
Why is the entry handle an option? Can't you open the door anyway?
Is the furnace noisy? We shut off ours in the Chalet.
The bunk looks a bit cheesy. Couldn't I just make one?
Any inside options you would recommend? We will do the upgrade for stove, sink, fridge, flush toilet, water heater, led lights, monitor panel, 12v outlet, and air conditioner.
ecmbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:41 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Since Parkliner is under new ownership and evolving, I don't think there are many answers for you. I'd talk to the dealer.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:35 AM   #3
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Hi Robert just saw this.
I have the 2014 Parkliner and really enjoy it. For our style of camping and personal preference we didn't need the AC, flush toilet or bunk option. We did get the Magic Table and have yet to use it since we leave the queen bed set up 100% of the time. Perhaps when we get a few grandkids the U shaped couch and bunk beds will be needed.
I am a bit stymied by your comment about the door handle option. When I got mine the only options related to the door were an exterior entry handle to aid in stepping up thru the door, and a deadbolt.
You didn't mention the screen door. While I have not personally seen the new version I do know that we would never be without ours.
Enjoy!
Please let us all know how the dealer experience goes.
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:20 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
When it comes to Parkliner's bunk, I'd say beauty is as beauty does. I agree it looks kinda clunky ("cheesy" isn't quite the word I would use...), but it's the only one I know in a molded fiberglass trailer that will hold a full-size adult. In this case "clunky" means sturdy.

You could make your own, yes, but where would you get matching cushions?

Pretty sure the "entry handle" means an assist bar attached to the shell near the door.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:46 AM   #5

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Lemme see here.

We have the magic table and love it. We have had up to 10 or 12 people around it, and then tear it down and have a queen size bed at night.

Entry handle? No clue.

Our furnace is not noisy at all.

Make sure you get the water heater that is propane and electric. It simply gives you more flexibility.

AC on the roof is great. We have a 2012, and the AC is on the floor under the seat for the dinette. Pretty much a stupid location.

The only thing we don't like about the Parkliner is the bed. Somebody is going to have to crawl over somebody else to get in or out. Our next RV will have an island queen size bed for ease of access.

Best of luck to you,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #6

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2018 Parkliner
Utah
Thanks for the inputs

I appreciate all your help. The door handle option must be an assist handle, a good thing. As for the flush toilet, the wife rules. Getting excited.
ecmbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:24 AM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Flush Toilet etc

Take note, the flush toilet is actually a marine, macerator type. All the "stuff" gets blended like a slushy and pumped to the grey water tank. It is also a low profile toilet. so if you are tall people, or less than agile, you may want to get a riser.
The company that makes that this toilet does have a higher model, but Parkliner had never installed one, even at our request, last year.

The A/C under the side dinette seat is there to keep the outside height lower.
We haven't used ours yet - except to make sure it works.

We opted for no gas furnace. we have a small ceramic heater

It was recommended that the side dinette table be lowered to bunk position for travel. I'll be looking for a way to solidify the leg so it can stay up.

Ask the dealer about who will take care of any repairs under warranty.
We got ours last year, before they went to a dealer system. I was able to do the work myself, and Parkliner reimbursed me for time and materials.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote