Big Foot Purchase - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2018, 06:00 AM   #1

Name: Herb
Trailer: casita
Maine
Big Foot Purchase

Hi - I'm seriously thinking of going from owning an Escape 19' to a Big Foot 21' or 25'. Has anyone heard anything negative about the newer Big Foot trailers. I'm having trouble finding any reviews. Thanx. PM me if you wish.
timberdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #2

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Big Foot vs. Escape

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ape-61925.html

http://supersizelife.com/final-four-...rs-part-three/
Old 08-09-2018, 09:19 PM   #3

Name: Zac & Cathy
Trailer: Burro & 2006 21ft. BigFoot
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberdoodle View Post
Hi - I'm seriously thinking of going from owning an Escape 19' to a Big Foot 21' or 25'. Has anyone heard anything negative about the newer Big Foot trailers. I'm having trouble finding any reviews. Thanx. PM me if you wish.
We did just that! We had an 21 Escape on order and came across a 2006 21 foot Big Foot. And bought it immediately. This all happened two months ago, really just out of the blue. But we fell in love with everything about our Big Foot and have had no regrets. I love the kitchen with its double sinks and large counter space., but what sold me was the bathroom. It's really nice. And for being as old as it is, it is in perfect condition. We love it so much and now we have enough money that would have gone into the Escape to buy a new truck. It was a win win for us in every way.
Avey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:48 PM   #4

Name: charles
Trailer: looking
Tennessee
How do the windows in each compare to each other?
cjayflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:04 PM   #5

Name: Zac & Cathy
Trailer: Burro & 2006 21ft. BigFoot
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayflo View Post
How do the windows in each compare to each other?
I think both the Escape and our Big Foot have thermal tinted
windows. Our Big Foot came with all the brochures that the ordinal owner received. Anyway in that folder it has a sample of the wall insulation, I'm not sure there are any better made trailers out there. Of course that's just my opinion.
Avey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:39 PM   #6

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
We love our Bigfoot 25 rear queen. Much nicer than the Oliver we had before the Bigfoot. Very well built and well thought out interior.
Bruce
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:14 AM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Bruce, might want to change your avatar to Bigfoot .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:29 AM   #8

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avey View Post
I think both the Escape and our Big Foot have thermal tinted
windows. Our Big Foot came with all the brochures that the ordinal owner received. Anyway in that folder it has a sample of the wall insulation, I'm not sure there are any better made trailers out there. Of course that's just my opinion.
Our 2003 Bigfoot 25RQ had argon gas tinted thermal windows. When it was hot and the sun was directly on the windows they turned into a golden mirror. It was quite impressive. I don't call Escapes (or Lances for that matter) thermal. They are tinted dual pane windows. Our Bigfoot's windows were serious windows, like those in homes today.

The Bigfoot was a serious 4 season camper whereas the Escape (and Lance) are more above 0℉ campers ( 3 1/2 season?).

We regret selling the Bigfoot, can't afford a new one, sold our Lance yesterday, but are expecting our Escape 5.0 the end of October. We got about 10+ mpg pulling the Bigfoot and expect 13+ mpg pulling the Escape. There are NO perfect campers.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:26 AM   #9

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot
Colorado
Registry
I have owned Bigfoots for 15 years. Escapes and Lance are no comparison. I have listed our 2007 25B21FB on RV trader. It is half the price of the new ones. They do not wear out like the non- eggshell trailers. I will work on getting our Bigfoot on this website classified section.
Zorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:39 PM   #10

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Thumbs up

GREAT QUESTION!

I am thinking about trading up from my Bigfoot 19 to a Bigfoot 21 or Escape 21.
I have been inside several BF 21s, but not one Escape trailer of any size.

Bigfoot Industries has gone through a series of new owners & bankruptcies. I have also seen negative comments on this forum regarding the quality of their newer trailers. But I have no sence of which years these lower quality trailers were produced or their shortcomings.

My trailer was built by the original manufacturer. My only reason for considering a larger trailer is my newly retired husband is joining me on dog training trips & I am concerned about my Bigfoot’s sleeping arrangements: we cannot sleep in the same bed. What's more, husband needs to convert the dinette into his bed at night & back into the dinette in the AM. Because I winter camp in the Northern California & spend springs in the Pacific NW & Rockies, I would require a 4 seasons trailer or the Escape’s full Installation package.

My plans are to complete this camping season before making a decision.

I’ve been monitoring FG trailers for sale & have seen several Bigfoot 21s offered at a great price. I was very tempted by an incredibly priced Escape 21 advertised a few months ago.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:32 PM   #11

Colorado
Registry
Once again, I strongly favor Bigfoot. I have been on several Escapes. I do not consider them to be 4 season. I have frequently slept on our dinette bed (6'1"). While my wife & dog take the small queen. We have had 9 week trips with this trailer...comfortable and well insulated. We had a roof leak at the refrigerator vent. This was a caulking issue not construction quality issue.

We are selling her because our style of travel is changing. We are becoming more mobile and less "camping out for days". As a result we are going to a Class B Sprinter..preferably 4x4. We will miss her. We have had Bigfoots since 2003.

Best of luck on your decision. My Escape friends love their trailers also.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorvette View Post
Once again, I strongly favor Bigfoot. I have been on several Escapes. I do not consider them to be 4 season. I have frequently slept on our dinette bed (6'1"). While my wife & dog take the small queen. We have had 9 week trips with this trailer...comfortable and well insulated. We had a roof leak at the refrigerator vent. This was a caulking issue not construction quality issue.

We are selling her because our style of travel is changing. We are becoming more mobile and less "camping out for days". As a result we are going to a Class B Sprinter..preferably 4x4. We will miss her. We have had Bigfoots since 2003.

Best of luck on your decision. My Escape friends love their trailers also.
I was looking at you ad, and am curious about one item re “total roof recall”. I’m assuming the roof was replaced on your trailer. So, Bigfoot has a recall & replace roofs on its trailers. Do you know the circumstances? We’re other years affected?

Just wondering.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #13

Name: Lee
Trailer: Looking
TN
Bruce
What do you use to tow your 25' Bigfoot? No truck, no trailer, presently looking.
Lee Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #14

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
Towing our 25RQ with a Chevy 2500 diesel. Ours has the front storage bin which is terrific but pushes the tongue out another few feet. Making the tongue weight heavier. We use an Equalizer weight distribution hitch which takes a bunch of that weight back off of the tongue.
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:00 PM   #15

TN
Thank you, Bruce, for the info.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:32 AM   #16

Colorado
Registry
Sorry...bad proof reading...spell check automatically changes recaulk to recall. roof in perfect condition
Old 08-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #17

Big Foot Purchase

Quote:
Sorry...bad proof reading...spell check automatically changes recaulk to recall. roof in perfect condition

Glad I caught that. Let the calls pour in!

BYW, I am a great Bigfoot fan. The trailer I am driving has been perfect for me.

My only concern about moving to a Bigfoot 21 is Trailer weight. Our current TV comfortably tows the 19’ & could (probably) handle a fully loaded Escape 21, including extra goodies like an AC & solar panels on the roof and a generator on the back porch. I am not at all sure if it could safely tow a fully loaded & similarly equipped BF 21. Time will tell.

Good luck with your trailer. It will brighten up its new owner’s life.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:06 PM   #18

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I was looking at you ad, and am curious about one item re “total roof recall”. I’m assuming the roof was replaced on your trailer. So, Bigfoot has a recall & replace roofs on its trailers. Do you know the circumstances? We’re other years affected?

Just wondering.
Not really following this whole thread, so I apologize if I missed something important. But I saw this and recalled that not all Bigfoot trailers are all-molded. Could this be related to one of their non-molded units?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bigfoot Non-molded.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	123383
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #19

TN
Thanks Bruce. I am looking (dreaming?). Sent email to factory re 25 twin. No response yet. I need to go look at tow trucks. They may be more than I want to handle-- 75 y. o., only 1 eye and it needs cataract surgery. I might have waited too late but hope it will extend my joy and life.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #20

Name: K
British Columbia
Quote:
I have owned Bigfoots for 15 years. Escapes and Lance are no comparison. I have listed our 2007 25B21FB on RV trader. It is half the price of the new ones. They do not wear out like the non- eggshell trailers. I will work on getting our Bigfoot on this website classified section.
Is it Bigfoots or Bigfeet? We own a front bed version and can't say enough about it. We boondocked for a week at a campground and never needed to go to a sani dump, although we did need to bring on more water. The heating and insulation make this a pretty cozy trailer. In addition to the full-time bed, my wife loves the fact that it has an oven: on poor weather days, it is very nice to be able to make nachos or a roast indoors.
The shower head is a little bit low if you are a taller person, but having a dry bath is a huge win.
Good luck with your hunt for a trailer!
KBand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot