Boler headed North - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #1

Name: john
Trailer: Boler
Arizona
Boler headed North

Hi All,

Terrific website, loved reading it so much that we had to get ourselves a Boler, which we did and have enjoyed immensely. Our family is travelling from AZ to Yellowstone, to Vancouver in our 13 footer and would welcome any suggestions, advice, along the way. Besides those two destinations, we are open and look forward to hitting the road.
screaminbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I have never been to the Yellowstone area, but my girlfriend goes every year in the spring and hopes for snow!! Have a safe trip. Do you have family in Vancouver?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:17 AM   #3

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
I have never been to the Yellowstone area, but my girlfriend goes every year in the spring and hopes for snow!! Have a safe trip. Do you have family in Vancouver?
Pam,

Thanks for the response..I'm hoping for warm weather and NO snow, as the Boler is not quite..weather proofed..We don't know anyone in Vancouver, and would love suggestions for campsites near town..
cheers,
john
Old 06-07-2011, 04:48 AM   #4

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Send a message via MSN to Bill Reilly
Heading for Vancouver

John

In order to enter Canada and return to the United States each member of the party will have to have a passport. Allow enough time in your plan to get these. I know that in Canada it takes several weeks to get one.

Also, be aware that no firearms are allowed into Canada. Pets are allowed but there are some requirements re rabies vaccinations. Your local AAA office can supply all of the details re these issues.

You'll love the Vancouver area and the entire British Columbia experience. A warm welcome awaits you !

Bill Reilly
Picton, Ontario
Bill Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #5

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminbuddha View Post
Hi All,

Terrific website, loved reading it so much that we had to get ourselves a Boler, which we did and have enjoyed immensely. Our family is travelling from AZ to Yellowstone, to Vancouver in our 13 footer and would welcome any suggestions, advice, along the way. Besides those two destinations, we are open and look forward to hitting the road.
My "new" Boler just made the trip from AZ (where I found it) to my home here in Montana a few weeks ago!

If you're heading north soon, be sure to check on roads up this way--some flooding and detours which could mean short stretches of rough roads. But it's beautiful and green, though a bit cooler than normal.
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #6

Arizona
Thanks Sheryl, I'll definately look into the conditions as we head that way. ANy suggested routes to Yellowstone from AZ (Phoenix)?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #7

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminbuddha View Post
Thanks Sheryl, I'll definately look into the conditions as we head that way. ANy suggested routes to Yellowstone from AZ (Phoenix)?
No suggestions as usually my trips are quick, so either Kingman, Mesquite, SLC, etc., or the scenic () route up through Ely, NV!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #8

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Once you make it to Vancouver, go the extra way and go north to Whistler and Pemberton. Some very nice sites up there. the Pemberton Valley is fantastic! Highway was just redone for the Olympics. Its well worth the trip.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #9

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe
Registry
I like the North Central Washington State Area from Winthriop to Twisp to Oroville to Chelan to Leavenworth and places in between. However, right not things are still kind of wet with the rivers running full.

I spent last Thursday night south of Leavenworth on Icicle Creek. A very noisy river.

Friday a mudslide blocked the access road and 30 people were trapped overnight. But still the scenery was stunning.

Enjoy!!
RonMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #10

Trailer: Boler 1984
Just a few miles outside the western entrance to Yellowstone there are two ghost towns. Good for an afternoons entertainment.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #11

Arizona
Thanks for the advice all... I'm currently in Glaciers National Park after an awesome week in yellowstone, and a terrific three days in the grand Tetons before that... This little Boler is taking us to a ton of amazing places...

Tags
boler