Cracked the Egg and Joined the Club! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #29

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
If you've purchased an OLD 3-way, do yourself a favor before the install and turn that sucker upside down/rightside up a couple of times (a day or so on each side). Believe it or not, that has been the "cure" for old refrigerators that have stopped working.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #30

Name: Tania
Trailer: Newbie owners of TrailMite
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
As Donna said, I am in Calgary, Alberta. The Pick and Pull that I go to is at the intersection of Barlow Trail and Glenmore Trail, in the south east.

Actually, I was there today, at lunch. Only two camper vans, One actually had an RM36E in it. In the two times I actually looked, I found an RM36E each time. I guess they were popular around here. This one had been stripped of almost everything on the back of the fridge though. No telling if the cooler worked, maybe if you had a small torch, and a lot of time. I am looking for a knob and some shelves, for my spare one.

My spare RM36E is quite rusty. I would like to restore it, but I am not sure how to proceed. Brush off the rust, and give it a coat of heat resistant paint seems like a start. Hope I don't do more damage then good.

My spare RM211 that I got in Magrath, with kijiji, has a few small rust spots, but is in almost new condition. The paint almost looks fresh. Since I paid almost five times as much for it, ($120, including gas) I guess that makes sense.

There is yet another RM211 for sale in Alberta:
Small R.V. Fridge - Alberta Parts, Accessories For Sale - Kijiji Alberta Canada.
At $275, it is the most expensive one I have seen.
Nick (spouse) said to tell you about Rust Mor. We found it at a Napa Auto store that had paint supplies. It is a little spendy, but it supposedly works well. It changes the rust into a stable, hard, paintable surface. That is what we plan on using on the frame once we get it back from the welder tomorrow. Good luck with your fridge.
We did find one after all. It was on craigslist. It is a Dometic 2201. It all seemed to be in good working order.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #31

Name: Tania
Trailer: Newbie owners of TrailMite
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
If you've purchased an OLD 3-way, do yourself a favor before the install and turn that sucker upside down/rightside up a couple of times (a day or so on each side). Believe it or not, that has been the "cure" for old refrigerators that have stopped working.
Thanks Donna..I'll pass it along to hubby. He's working on it now.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #32

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaniaD View Post
We did find one after all. It was on craigslist. It is a Dometic 2201. It all seemed to be in good working order.
That's great. I assume that it is small enough to fit. It would be nice to have the dimensions of the all the fridges that have been installed in eggs. Since no one makes the smaller fridges any more, a chart that identifies compatable older fridges would help.