Dan and Liz in Massachusetts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-01-2018, 02:06 PM   #1

Name: Liz
Trailer: In the market for a Scamp, Parkliner or Escape
Massachusetts
Dan and Liz in Massachusetts

Hi everyone!

We brand new to the forum! We are currently searching for our first RV; we saw our first Casita while camping in Maine this past week and fell in love. Since we are both on the taller side, our current top picks are the Scamp, Escape and ParkLiner.

We're looking forward to being part of the forum and learning more about the world of Fiberglass RVs!

Thanks!
Dan and Liz
lizzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Liz and have fun on your search!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:05 AM   #3

Name: J
Trailer: Shopping puck or scamp
Massachusetts
We have an escape 17B on order. Took over a year to pick the manufacture and the model. There is a couple near Mount Pelier who let you examine theirs.
If that interests you just go to escape industries and they will connect you to an owner of your model choice, for real time views.
Just saying.
J Selleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
You didn't like the Casita ??
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #5

Name: Jack
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
Hi Dan & Liz,

If you are interested in a Scamp, call Scamp @ 800-346-4962. Ask for someone (Jim Coffland is my salesman) to find you someone in MA that has what you are looking for. Scamp 13, 16 or 19 5th wheel. They will be glad to show your their Scamp and will get a finder's fee if you purchase a unit. Good Luck Be advised you will probably wait a long time to have it built. Mine will be ready in Sept. Been waiting 1 yr.

PS where in MA are you located.

Jack & Jo-Ann
Lockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:38 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
A great place to see fiberglass campers and to get ideas and personal opinions is at a rally. You may want to investigate the plans for rallies in your area and attend. Most of the time there is a specific time for trailer tours but many owners welcome company throughout the day. Though it’s a ways to travel, the Niagara Wine Escape at Niagara Falls Ontario, in mid September is well attended with a wide variety of fiberglass campers attending. There’s a motel right at the campground as well as some nearby B&Bs.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:17 AM   #7

Name: J
Trailer: Shopping puck or scamp
Massachusetts
We have spent 2 summers investigating TT. Everyone has different ‘want list’.
Ours included lightest weight,room for two, construction quality. We ordered and then realized the exchange differential from USA to con. Long drive to pick up, but looking forward to the trip. Cdn. $ 30,000. Usa $22,700 plus fees.
Yes we examined casita, prefer escape. One can tour the facility and meet with the owners. Vermont owners of 17B. Gave us so much info. Everyone gets the trailer that will work for them. Enjoy your search.
J Selleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:14 PM   #8

Name: Scoutie
Trailer: Casita
Connecticut
D, T and Scoutie in Ct.

Welcome Dan and Liz.
This is my first post! We selected our Casita Liberty Deluxe 2018 because of my husband's height. Interior height is 6'2" and we found the Liberty bed (81 1/2" by 76") the most comfortable for us. The Casita Factory has a list of people near you willing to show their trailer. We have had good assistance from the people at the Casita factory.

Good luck with your search.
Scoutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #9

Name: Liz
Trailer: In the market for a Scamp, Parkliner or Escape
Massachusetts
Thanks for the tips everyone! Looking forward to continuing our search!
lizzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #10

Name: Paul
Trailer: Casita
Rhode Island
Scamp in Rhode Island

I have a 13 ' Scamp project in Rhode Island if you are interested.
Paul
401-662-7916
Murph45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #11

Name: Richard
Trailer: 2016 Casita 17' LD
Massachusetts
Casita in MA

Hello fellow Bay-staters!

For what it's worth, I'm 6'2" and we've enjoyed our Casita 17' LD for over 2 years. We went with the Liberty because I can easily fit in the bed, which is oriented north-south instead of east-west. I can't quite stand up straight inside, but that hasn't proven to be a huge deal. If you ask the Casita factory for nearby units to inspect, they may refer you to us (we're in Concord).

Having said all that, in a perfect world I would prefer something a bit bigger, since we travel with 2 dogs. If money were no object, the big Oliver would be great. More realistic would be the big Escape. We would need to upgrade our tow vehicle ('15 Highlander, which we love for the Casita) for either of those, so it's unlikely to happen soon.

Good luck with your search!

Richard
Razaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:03 PM   #12

Name: Laurie
Trailer: Scamp 13'
California
Not sure what you mean by "on the taller side", but you should definitely see them before buying. I have a 1988 Scamp 13, which I LOVE, and it's fine for me, but my 6'1" son definitely can't stand up straight in it---I'd say 5 '10" max, if that---and even I (5'6") often hit my head on the door when exiting.
LaurieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:08 AM   #13

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Welcome Dan and Liz, I just got a Casita as an addition to my Boler and have been doing some camping and being at 5"11 it fits just right. I love my 79 Boler, a Classic, but the 91 Casita does have a bathroom and a slightly larger bed...
Anyway I want to invite you to the Spring Fling in New England Rally next year in May. It is in Chocorua NH and we all have a great time.
Going to a rally is a great way to check out all the different eggs and get a feel of just what your looking for.
Good Luck.
Gerry In Maine.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:33 AM   #14

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Interior height on a LilSnoozy is 6 ft 4 inches
Old 08-20-2018, 07:49 AM   #15

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp
Connecticut
Scamp is the way to go. We have had several. Have a brand new loaded 13’ here in CT if u want to see one...
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote