Dinette and Bedding - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-09-2016, 09:25 AM   #15
Name: Kathleen (Kai in Seattle)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
as the comic said "you can't have everything...where would you put it?"

your Amerigo 16 is probably 14 foot inside....much like my BF 17....to get a permanent bed in that you have to give up something else (except for a few select models that get pretty close)

you get good at deploying/storing your preferred bedding....only by doing is that going to get easy...you'll come up with solutions

my BF comes with two storage compartments up high, street side that are closed off from everything else and the far end the spaces is difficult to access (???)....after a while I came to the realization that they were specific/perfect for bedding storage for the two beds just below them....genius really

in my 97 the beds are only 41" wide.....I did a wide bed conversion at the back and stored the bedding all rolled up in the rear overhead compartment after removing the center panel...worked quite well...one sleeping bag under,two flat sheets, another sleeping bag on top and two pillows fit just perfect up there....

travelling alone now I use the rear sofa and store the bedding in the streetside overhead mentioned earlier ( high door just left of fridge in first picture...space is closed off and goes all the way to the back of trailer)

Our 16' amerigo is just over 12 feet; wider at the belly band.

Yes! I was thinking those overhead bins would be perfect for bedding...I was considering leaving the doors off both for ease of access and weight reduction...things like pillows ought to be able to ride up there without much trouble, blankets, etc. I've made bolster covers for the sleeping bags that'll live on the sides of the two daybeds.

If Paul can sleep on a 30" wide mattress (about the width of our sleeping bags) we'll have room for permanent dining seats with storage access beneath. Our rig didn't have a table when we got it, so we'll be using a smaller folding table anyway. We're willing to give up the 50" "double" bed in order to have two daybed areas that remain permanent. For now, though, the rear bed will be a regular twin, 39" until we get another all-foam mattress or foam pad to cut down.

It's exciting to be at this stage after months of gutting, cleaning, and patching.

The old and the new:
Attached Thumbnails
amerigo 1 door side rear.jpg  
Attached Images

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:59 AM   #16
Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia

your Amerigo and my BF have one thing in common...they're big square boxes.....aerodynamically that hurts us at the gas pumps....but then there is a TON of easy to access storage up there in those square ends.....

it's that "no free lunch" thing again ....have fun...
Attached Thumbnails
church5.jpg   dresser2.jpg  

Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote