Originally Posted by David Tilston
Those Escape trailers sure are popular.
We wanted to upsize a bit from a Casita
17LD as we'll be making much longer trips during retirement and packing two small dogs. I contacted EVERY molded fiberglass manufacturer in the USA, but wound up buying an Escape because:
1. MUCH easier people to work with in terms of minor customization - both modifying standard features and a willingness to add customer supplied items, such as a cellphone antenna and rear view camera of MY choice, not just their standards.
2. Total control over layout of electrical
outlets - 120VAC and 12VDC, both inside and out, plus willingness to place electrical
"drops" in cabinets and storage places where I plan to add LED lighting
3. Considerably lighter weight
than an Oliver
, or Bigfoot
in layouts that incorporate a no-crawlover permanent bed.
4. No rivets used - all interior attachments are made to glassed-in mounting blocks using real screws. Absolutely the finest fiberglass finish I've seen - as smooth as a Chevy Corvette.
5. No haphazard wiring or plumbing paths. Everything is accessible behind removable panels - well executed designs.
6. You can talk directly to the owners of the company. Superb customer service staff who WILL call back and return emails within 2 business days.
I would have preferred to buy US-built, but it just wasn't possible. So I pay a bit more and have to wait months........but I get exactly what I want.