Eggbert ........ a New Egg on Site - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2018, 12:31 PM   #1

Name: john
Trailer: Bigfoot B 17 deluxe
British Columbia
Thumbs up Eggbert ........ a New Egg on Site

Hello ... Thank you to all the contributors on FRV , your info. has been of significant help in making purchase decisions ...... We are the new PROUD owners of a 2002 Oxygen which we purchased about a month ago in Chilliwack(yes that's in B.C.) .... I'll figure out how to include pics. at a later date , not that it needed much TLC but I've been a busy olde guy playing with our new toy ....... as a result of your posts I've payed special attention to the windows .... an interesting hinge system !!!! I've decided to use some VERY sticky medical tape to secure the problematic "tabs" ... time will tell but looks like it should work .............. one thing no-one has mentioned is the lack of a holding tank for gray/black water .... this can be worked around but I think it is sort of a unique "problem" ........ Sorry to report to the purists BUT the unit has an air conditioner installed on the roof which sort of interferes with the incredible design of this trailer ... however it will be handy during HOT weather (doesn't happen too often here in B.C.) ......... What I really want is a GIANT inflatable Chicken to mount on top of the air conditioning unit ......... the interior theme will, according to my wife, be yellow .... with white accents ........... Once again all of your ideas have been interesting and often spark creative initiatives ........ standing by john/eve
Corbett Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:17 AM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbett Road View Post
Hello ... Thank you to all the contributors on FRV , your info. has been of significant help in making purchase decisions ...... We are the new PROUD owners of a 2002 Oxygen which we purchased about a month ago in Chilliwack(yes that's in B.C.) .... I'll figure out how to include pics. at a later date , not that it needed much TLC but I've been a busy olde guy playing with our new toy ....... as a result of your posts I've payed special attention to the windows .... an interesting hinge system !!!! I've decided to use some VERY sticky medical tape to secure the problematic "tabs" ... time will tell but looks like it should work .............. one thing no-one has mentioned is the lack of a holding tank for gray/black water .... this can be worked around but I think it is sort of a unique "problem" ........ Sorry to report to the purists BUT the unit has an air conditioner installed on the roof which sort of interferes with the incredible design of this trailer ... however it will be handy during HOT weather (doesn't happen too often here in B.C.) ......... What I really want is a GIANT inflatable Chicken to mount on top of the air conditioning unit ......... the interior theme will, according to my wife, be yellow .... with white accents ........... Once again all of your ideas have been interesting and often spark creative initiatives ........ standing by john/eve
you can get a 10 foot inflatable chicken direct from China for $500 us
or a 6 foot inflatable rubber duck for under $100 us
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #3

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Looking forward to the pics. Love those Oxygens

Walt
Old 07-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #4

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Congratulations, welcome, and best luck with your travels and décor!

Kai
Old 07-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-Rooste.../322772489079?
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:06 PM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
definitely like idea of the giant chicken on top of the egg with a (yolk?) yellow interior.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #7

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Congratulations on the new to you egg!

Love the chicken idea. Found this on ebay, fairly cheap, probably wouldn't last long:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Inflatable-...y/123259655132
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:25 PM   #8

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 72 View Post
.....but roosters don't lay eggs
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:45 PM   #9

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
.....but roosters don't lay eggs
From what I see on the news now days, it's entirely possible. I think this is the rooster mutant that started it all (maybe he became a mutant when he became governor of California:
Attached Thumbnails
Junior 2.jpg  
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:49 AM   #10

British Columbia
O.M.G.

It's Sunday Morning ....... Received my Giant Inflatable Chicken/Rooster yesterday delivered by drone ........ after hooking it up to the compressor and inflating it was magnificent sitting proudly on it's egg ..... was very satisfied , not at all broody ......... Early this morning, observing our new purchase with our morning coffee in hand, a Giant American Eagle swooped down from a perch in one of the massive fir trees on our property, plunged it's talons into the Chicken and surviving the resultant explosion meekly returned to it's safe haven in the forest ............. we quickly threw a wool blanket over the egg ..... seems to be O.K. ....... luckily the Chicken came with a 30 day warrantee so I'll return to sender tomorrow when the P.O. opens ................. Thanks for all of your suggestions and help with this project ... sometimes great ideas turn out to be less than 100% practical .... standing by ... jp
Old 07-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #11

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
".....but roosters don't lay eggs
k.corbin"

Roosters don't SIT on eggs, either.

Kinda iffy to invoke the warranty...I mean, blame the eagle (that was really odd behavior, it must've felt threatened), sure, but it's hardly the manufacturer or seller's fault an eagle killed the rooster!

Kai
Old 08-02-2018, 04:59 PM   #12

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
Registry
Congrats on the new egg! I love mine.
If you figure out a solution to the tiny blackwater/greywater tank, let me know. It has been a burr under the saddle for many years.
Cheers! Pete.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:25 PM   #13

British Columbia
Thumbs up holding tank ??????

Hello Pete ..... I was surprised when I found my rig doesn't have a "holding tank" ..... If I'm not connected to sewer then the grey water is stored in the drain line and the black water is stored in the line from the toilet to the "gate valve" ......... maybe more than a burr .. possibly a pain in the ass ................. I'm thinking that I may need to purchase one of those holding tanks with wheels ....... I'm sure that a tank could be installed but that would mean cutting a hole in Eggbert's underbelly ...... does your Oxygen have a small holding tank ?? If so were is it located ??..... Being new to this sport do you have any recommendations re. RV spots ??? We are over on Pender so most of our shorter trips will be on Vancouver Island ......... Next Tuesday we are heading for Eugene Oregon (visit Eve's relatives) then maybe head over to the Coast .... thnx. for the feedback .. cheers... john
Old 08-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #14

Registry
Holding tank

Hi John. If you leave the valve open to the black water tank, the grey water backs up into that tank. Unfortunately it's only 10 gals., so go easy. I added a 10 gal. portable tank that I connect via the water hose connection on the cap. It is a pain in the butt alright.
Good luck.
Pete Drewcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #15

Registry
If you're going to Oregon you definitely have to do the Oregon coast. Don't miss it. Even up onto the Washington coast and go back via the Blackball ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria.
Have a blast!
Old 08-02-2018, 11:17 PM   #16

British Columbia
hose connection

thanks Pete ..... I like the idea of a short hose connected to the cap ... I'll need to buy a new cap with a hose connection AND I like the idea of using the lines as holding tanks ............ once again thank you.. john
Old 08-03-2018, 12:08 AM   #17

Registry
Holding tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbett Road View Post
thanks Pete ..... I like the idea of a short hose connected to the cap ... I'll need to buy a new cap with a hose connection AND I like the idea of using the lines as holding tanks ............ once again thank you.. john
It's not just the lines that act as a holding tank. The black water tank under the toilet will fill up with sink water if you open the valve. Of course you have to ensure the cap is on tight. 😵
Old 08-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #18

British Columbia
holding tank ??????

... New Information ...... didn't know there is a holding tank(sounds like it's 10 gal. or so under the toilet that I didn't know about .... terrific !!! many thnx.......... appreciate any other tidbits of info. re the Oxygen .. always learning ... cheers john
Old 08-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #19

Registry
Oxygen Windows

Do you know about the dreaded falling Windows?
Old 08-03-2018, 12:51 PM   #20

British Columbia
windows

I've read about the notorious window tabs ......... my fix was to take some very strong clear medical tape and secure the tabs ...... time will tell if that works but definitely something to monitor ....... standing by ... john

Tags
oxygen