Excited newby - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-28-2019, 09:49 AM   #1

Name: Laura
Trailer: Learning about trailers
Oregon
Excited newby

Hi! My name is Laura and Iíve been a fan of these trailers for years! My sweetie and I had a miserable flight yesterday and we miss our doggies so much, I think heís ready to consider traveling with our own little home. Im pretty excited. Canít wait to learn about all the options. Feeling overwhelmed right now. Also, I'm hoping to find a rally so we can see lots of different trailers and meet happy campers.

LauraP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:03 AM   #2

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Mississippi
Registry
Two things to consider right now.

Whatís your plan for a tow vehicle?
Whatís your budget for both?

Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:58 PM   #3
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Laura! A rally is a very good idea to see what's out there! Owners like to show their campers and the vehicles they use to pull them with. Sometimes you'll find campers for sale at a rally as well. Have fun in your search!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:22 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraP View Post
Hi! My name is Laura and I’ve been a fan of these trailers for years! My sweetie and I had a miserable flight yesterday and we miss our doggies so much, I think he’s ready to consider traveling with our own little home. Im pretty excited. Can’t wait to learn about all the options. Feeling overwhelmed right now. Also, I'm hoping to find a rally so we can see lots of different trailers and meet happy campers.
The next Oregon fiberglass rally is in July at Bandon Beach on the coast. Schedule is in post #85 in the Casita Forum events page - Here's the link: https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/forums/topic/24098-2019-oregon-coast-gathering-17th-annual/

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:15 PM   #5

Oregon
We live in Bandon! How do I reach out to owners to see if they are receptive to chatting with new folks?
Old 06-28-2019, 07:19 PM   #6

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
Quote:
We live in Bandon! How do I reach out to owners to see if they are receptive to chatting with new folks?
The trailer rallys always include time around the campfire and tours of the trailers as well. Just show up and start saying hi and ask questions. Take lots of photos and bring a notebook too.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:03 PM   #7

Oregon
open rallys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
Welcome Laura! A rally is a very good idea to see what's out there! Owners like to show their campers and the vehicles they use to pull them with. Sometimes you'll find campers for sale at a rally as well. Have fun in your search!

Hi, it turns out the rally in Bandon is closed to newbies. Can you suggest a rally that is open to new folks who are interested in learning about trailers?
Thanks!
Old 07-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: Black Series HQ19, Oliver LE2
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Hi, it turns out the rally in Bandon is closed to newbies. Can you suggest a rally that is open to new folks who are interested in learning about trailers?
Thanks!
Wait a minute! What do you mean "closed to newbies". We were never asked if we were new to the game. Do you mean they were full with no more spots available? They always fill up and reservations are usually made six months in advance by those wanting specific sites or to be in a specific loop.

As far as I know, everyone is always welcome at Bandon, except only if they are full.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #9

Oregon
I probably wasn’t clear, sorry. I do not yet have a trailer. I live in Bandon Oregon and was hoping to visit the rally to meet people and see trailers in real life. I’ve been informed that the group that meets in Bandon does not welcome visitors who are not members of the group, or invited by someone who is a member. Unfortunately, I don’t know anyone who is a member of the group.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #10

Name: John
Trailer: Black Series HQ19, Oliver LE2
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
I probably wasnít clear, sorry. I do not yet have a trailer. I live in Bandon Oregon and was hoping to visit the rally to meet people and see trailers in real life. Iíve been informed that the group that meets in Bandon does not welcome visitors who are not members of the group, or invited by someone who is a member. Unfortunately, I donít know anyone who is a member of the group.
Nobody will be checking for ID or other evidence that you are a "member" of some group. We aren't. Being a member of a group just means you have a Casita, or a Scamp, or an Oliver, and have a common experience with fiberglass trailers. It doesn't mean you are a club member of some kind. If you are in Bandon, come for the day and get information about when the open house period is for each loop. Just walk or bike around the loop. Stop and look at the trailers. It's very casual. Very friendly.

We had people at the recent Oliver Rally that didn't have a trailer yet. They were welcomed in to all events and, so to speak, joined the "family". The Casita rallies are very friendly and casual.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #11

Oregon
Thank you
Old 07-18-2019, 10:45 PM   #12

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Quote:
I probably wasnít clear, sorry. I do not yet have a trailer. I live in Bandon Oregon and was hoping to visit the rally to meet people and see trailers in real life. Iíve been informed that the group that meets in Bandon does not welcome visitors who are not members of the group, or invited by someone who is a member. Unfortunately, I donít know anyone who is a member of the group.
I really canít imagine that is the case. Could you have misunderstood? I havenít been there for 10 years but have gone to more local rallies and Iíve never heard of such a thing. Put on a smile, offer a ďHello, Iím a newbie in the fact gathering stage, do you have any advice for me?Ē and you will learn lots, see a lot of trailers, and make new friends.
And if there really is a person who says you canít come unless youíre invited by a FGRV member, tell them Lisa M. invited you because I will be there this yearóbut not until Friday. Send me a PM if you want my campsite number because I canít lay my hands on it right now. Looking forward to meeting you, Laura!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:13 PM   #13

Oregon
As soon as I figure out how to initiate a personal message, I’ll send one to you, Lisa M!
Thank you!
LauraP
Old 07-18-2019, 11:31 PM   #14

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Click on LisaM's name, top left, and scroll down to Send Private Message. Do not include any links or an email address unless you disguise them, like gbaglosAThaw.ca
You may have enough posts that you can send a link or email address.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.27.47 PM.png