Excited to Join! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2018, 08:43 PM   #1

Name: johanna
Trailer: in the market
Ohio
Excited to Join!

Hi, I just found this forum today. Thank you so much for allowing me to join with you. I am currently active in the search for a nice little fiberglass trailer meant for my family and me. I am interested in learning and sharing. Thank you and wishing you healthy prosperous and adventure filled travels.
silverseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:54 PM   #2

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Welcome to the FGRV Forum Johanna,

You'll find many like-minded friends here. Do use the "Search" drop-down menu above to do some research. Simply click on the button, drop-down to the Google Search window, enter your search words and read to your heart's content!

One of the first things you'll need to consider in your choice of FGRV is if you want new or "previously owned". You'll need to be brutally honest...do you like projects that may take a lot more time and money than you imagined? You'll also need to know what tow vehicle will work for you. It may be a vehicle you currently own or maybe not.

As for us, we could not find a used trailer in a year and decided new was the way to go anyway. We chose a 13' "bare bones" Scamp in 2011 and never looked back! We love traveling to places near and far. I love to decorate the Scamp according to places we visit. Among our themes are the desert, Southwest, wine country (we live in California), the 1950's, the beach and so on. The photos below show our Southwest and our hiking in Autumn themes.

Whatever your choices, have fun and "Happy Camping"!
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Southwest Decor 2013 009.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 030.jpg  

Doug's art and Scamp 026.jpg  
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:53 AM   #3
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Johanna! We also tried buying used but was always too late. Didn't want to have to rebuild used so we did go new. Happy searching for your Dream Home away from Home!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:41 PM   #4

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Hello. you can contact the companies and see if they have any owners close to you who would be happy to show off the camper so you can see one in the flesh. I'm proud to show off my Lil Snoozy when asked.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:05 PM   #5

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
hi, silverseeker, welcome to FGRV.

We don't exactly "allow" you to join...you now have to send each member $10. I'll hold my breath until it arrives!

Seriously, happy camping!

BEST
Kai