First time - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #15
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Henry, Casitas are really nice campers. Looking forward to pictures of your new purchase when you pick it up. Many people pick up from the factory and then take an extended camping vacation on the way home!

Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #16
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
See that's what it is about opinions... like belly button's everyone has one!

I think the Freedom chairs are very comfortable. As far as storage, no one says the chairs have to stay on posts bolted to the floor. There are several threads at the CasitaForum, where folks have built cabinets, similar to the SD, cut off the posts and mounted them to the lids of the cabinets for removal. Then you can make a single bed. Best of both worlds!

That's certainly a great idea if you think those chairs are comfortable!

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #17
Name: Henry
Trailer: Casita
Warm reception

Thank you again for the warm reception to this forum.

We looked at a Freedom. The sales person sent me pics of the new Independence and the new bathroom. We decided to go with a new Spirit Dlx in its current configuration, with a pick up date at Rice, TX in late March.

I decided...we decided...that is, my wife decided I had best listen to your good advice and we are buying a unit with a furnace and a flush toilet.

Apparently my idea of a catalytic heater and a compost toilet did not resonate well with my wife...guess next time I will discuss such things in a little more detail...ah well....the best laid plans of mice and men...

As I may have mentioned previously I have no experience whatsoever with towing a travel trailer, or anything as big as a Casita. I am assuming I will have to buy an Electronic Brake Control such as a Tekonsha 90195 P3 or some such and have it installed prior to pickup. I want to also have an Anderson WDH but probably don't really need it. Do I need anything else?
Rzrbrn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
Name: Ian or Vicki
Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Explorer Sport Trac
British Columbia
If it were me, i would camp at or near a Mallwart or some such and figure out what I needed in the way of basic supplies, TP, toothpaste, soap, whatever. The scout out the forum for things that people carry aboard that you think you might need. People carry all manner of things _ tools, emergency repair kits, portable air compressors, battery power pack . . . the list goes on.
But the primary thing to do is kit it out the way YOU want it. And, of course, enjoy it.

Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote