First time trailer owner going full time! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #1

Name: Sara
Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B
Arizona
First time trailer owner going full time!

Hi everyone!

My name is Sara and I'm the proud owner of a new-to-me 2005 17' Escape trailer. I've come up with a grand scheme for the next chapter of my life and it means going full time in my little glass egg. I'm so excited!

I've been lurking for a while, and reading the posts on this site has made a huge impact on my decision. It's reassuring to know I have a place to come to when I have a question, or need advice from other full-timers. I have told my family that I feel so much better knowing the fiberglass camper community is tight-knit one.

I'm a photographer and have always loved traveling but owning a home (and all the bills that come with it) has kept me in a place of fear for far too long. Now that I'm an empty nester, I've decided it's time to sell everything and get back out there. I'm going to keep a blog along the way. I thought I'd share it here - hot off the press so it will need adjustments along the way...

Sarandipity Travels | What do you do when you're an adventurous homebody? This.

I plan on attending some of the rally's in 2016 so hopefully I'll be able to meet many of you in person down the road.
Sarandipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #2

Name: Pete
Trailer: Scamp 13 standard w/front bunks
East Coast
Registry
Hi Sara, congratulations on the new trailer! Welcome to the forum!
Your blog looks great and I'm looking forward to reading. :-)

15 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab v6 (main TV)
Petesblog.com
Pete in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:50 PM   #3

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Sara,
Welcome, and enjoy! I love your username!
Cheers,
Ellpea
Old 08-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Sara, welcome to FiberglassRV

I just read your blog. Nice, very nice. So, you're painting the inside of your Esacape? And covering the formica with copper? Ooooooh, I can't wait for pictures
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:39 PM   #5

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Welcome, Sara! I think you'll find this is a wonderful community, the members of which are always willing and able to reach out to you with friendly and helpful advice and encouragement. Very nice beginning to your blog. I look forward to reading more of it. Happy travels!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #6

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete in NJ View Post
Hi Sara, congratulations on the new trailer! Welcome to the forum!
Your blog looks great and I'm looking forward to reading. :-)
Thanks, Pete! I appreciate that!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #7

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellpea in CA View Post
Sara,
Welcome, and enjoy! I love your username!
Cheers,
Ellpea
Thanks, Ellpea! It was crazy how everything fell into place so I just had to call my egg "Sarandipity".
Old 08-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #8

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hi Sara, welcome to FiberglassRV

I just read your blog. Nice, very nice. So, you're painting the inside of your Esacape? And covering the formica with copper? Ooooooh, I can't wait for pictures
Donna - I've been reading your great posts for a few weeks now. Thanks for checking out my blog! Yep, giving my egg a real once-over to make it feel like "my home". I'll be posting lots of pics along the way. I've had fun seeing everyone else's modifications. In fact, I think it's my favorite thing to peruse on these forums.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:10 PM   #9

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreengirl View Post
Welcome, Sara! I think you'll find this is a wonderful community, the members of which are always willing and able to reach out to you with friendly and helpful advice and encouragement. Very nice beginning to your blog. I look forward to reading more of it. Happy travels!
Hi Evergreengirl. I couldn't agree more with you about the community. It's reassuring to me. Thanks for the kind words!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #10

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Great blog.. and the RSS feed works well.. so I will get your updates automatically, and when you head out to an area I know, I might just make a suggestion or two for places to go.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:17 PM   #11

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Great blog.. and the RSS feed works well.. so I will get your updates automatically, and when you head out to an area I know, I might just make a suggestion or two for places to go.
Hi Gordon. Good to know the RSS feed is working! I just set this all up this week so not sure if there are glitches. I love the idea of suggestions for places to go! Thanks for checking out the blog!
Old 08-15-2015, 09:34 AM   #12

Name: Gail
Trailer: 1975 Trillium & 2013 Escape 17B
North Carolina
Registry
Hello,
I know exactly how fortunate you feel. In June 2015 we happened upon the only Escape 17B for sale in the US at that time, and it was in the next state over. Stroke of luck! We love ours so far and I know you'll love yours too. Frequenting this website has given us so, so many invaluable tips. Most of the folks who give out advice here are very experienced and willing to share.
Good luck with your venture! Wish we had the nerve to cut the cord and go fulltime!
Gail H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:57 PM   #13

Name: Barb
Trailer: currently shopping
Ontario
Oh what an amazing adventure, "OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
THERE IS FUN TO BE DONE! " from a wonderful book by Dr Seuss. Barb
Barb in Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 04:00 PM   #14

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail H View Post
Hello,
I know exactly how fortunate you feel. In June 2015 we happened upon the only Escape 17B for sale in the US at that time, and it was in the next state over. Stroke of luck! We love ours so far and I know you'll love yours too. Frequenting this website has given us so, so many invaluable tips. Most of the folks who give out advice here are very experienced and willing to share.
Good luck with your venture! Wish we had the nerve to cut the cord and go fulltime!
Wow, Gail, it sounds like you had the same sort of Sarandipitious experience finding your 17B. And I couldn't agree more with what you've said about the community. If you never cut the cord, there's nothing wrong with part-timing it! Lots of positives about both life-styles.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #15

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb in Toronto View Post
Oh what an amazing adventure, "OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
THERE IS FUN TO BE DONE! " from a wonderful book by Dr Seuss. Barb
Love that book, Barb. Gave a copy of it to my daughter when she graduated high school. It just fits!
Old 08-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #16

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Sara, I enjoyed reading about Yiska. I believe the Good Lord puts things, places, animals and people in our way sometimes, just to see how we will react. You did it right.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:31 PM   #17

Name: Rick
Trailer: TBA
Wisconsin
Hi Sara, your blog looks great (I just signed up to follow), and I love your outlook on your next adventure.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:39 PM   #18

Arizona
I thought the next update I’d make to my blog would be to share all the wonderful modifications and renovations being made to “Sarandipity”.

Then last month life put a huge speed-bump in my way called leukemia. My best laid plans have been postponed for a while as cancer and I have a little talk. In order for me to get on the road, I need to send him on his way first.

So, for a little while, I’ll use my blog to share the unexpected cancer journey I’m on; the detour that life has presented. I have not given up on my goal to hit the road and share my experiences, so sprinkled in among my leukemia story, will be updates on my “Sarandipity” travel preparations.

And so the story begins:

“I’m back.” | Sarandipity Travels

If you'd like to follow along you can hit the "Follow" button on the lower right hand side of the blog and it'll send you an email when I've made a new post.

I'll see you on the road soon.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:09 AM   #19

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Thinking about you Sara and hoping that you will soon be able to get back to your little egg and on with some fun journeys.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:48 AM   #20

Name: Jaydeen
Trailer: Burro 13'
California
Registry
Sara, I do not know you but my eyes are filled with tears. I love your attitude in the words that you write. I wish for you the very best and that you will be writing soon about your travels.
Jaydeen
Jaydeen A. is offline   Reply With Quote