First timer!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2019, 09:47 PM   #1

Name: Kim
Trailer: 1988 Travel camper
Georgia
First timer!!

Hello, my name is Kim!!! And I am very new to the RVing I do it All year 'round. I bought this 1988 Travel Camper without knowing Anything about the RV Life (I had been the Best Decision I have made in my Life). Any how I would love any pointers ~ anyone who may responded to my forever Questions will be greatly appreciated in Advance.
Kim
Firsttimer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:51 PM   #2

Georgia
I need to Reseal the bottom of my camper that has dry rotted to replace the steps and the black tank? What would be the best product?
Old 12-28-2019, 09:55 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Kim!

“All year round”... as in full-timing, or all season vacation use?

I’m not familiar with the brand you have. Is it an all-fiberglass “egg-type” trailer? Pictures are great!

Happy camping!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:01 PM   #4

Georgia
Hello Jon it's a 1988 Sunline Travel Camper and I am a 365 day RVer.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:22 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
You won't find much help here as these members have moulded fibreglass trailers and won't be familiar with Sunline.
There is a Sunline forum: Sunline Coach Owner's Club - Powered by vBulletin
Old 12-29-2019, 09:27 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I believe members Norm and Ginny owned a Sunline trailer before they bought their Scamp, but you probably won't find too many with specific knowledge and experience here, since this forum is focused on molded fiberglass trailers. Sunline is a conventional wood-framed trailer.

Floor rot is a significant and fairly common problem in older units, but techniques for dealing with it vary. If it's in isolated smaller spots and not completed rotted through, there are products to penetrate and strengthen the wood in place. Git-Rot is the one I've heard of, but there are probably others. In high traffic places, like at the door, you may have to replace sections of rotted wood. Sometimes that requires removing cabinets, and then it gets complicated.

You also have to determine what caused the rot- leaking seams or windows are common culprits- and deal with it.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote