Fred - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2018, 08:25 AM   #1

Name: Fred
Trailer: curious
Alabama
Smile Fred

Hello All
This morning I've been perusing, as a newby, all the various Classified offers for a single friend of mine (M) who wants a fifth wheel fibreglas camper. He went once to Tennessee to what was a 'promising' unit, to discover the a/c which sat on the floor had no outlet and other items the seller was untruthful about. So I just now forwarded him a link to this site, for him to do his own research. I've seen units on here I did not know existed - Amerigo and Parklane. All interesting. M and I rebuilt my 16' cargo trailer into a compact, solar powered (nom a/c) camper which worked quite well on a 9 month contract job we had. One thing I guess the Administrator needs to tell me - when posts are one to two years old, does that imply those units are still for sale? And, is there a place to rent one of these for a 2 to 3 week trip from the South to the Adirondacks and back, or to drive from here to say, Virginia, then pick one up for such a trip? My cargo trailer, while workable for a couple of guys, is not something my wife will use. Thanx, Fred
Fred Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
rigs for sale

fred there are quite a few scamp 5th wheels for sale here I have seen no trashy trailers listed here unless the owner was truthful.

you all need to be diligent for what you want. I also see some nice trailers listed on scamp of America website again honest sellers.

you need to establish a budget and unit you like to not be hodgepoging around.

we started looking for our 13f scamper and found it in about 3 weeks perfect rig for us!!

make your plan and work it

welcome and good luck

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:02 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
"One thing I guess the Administrator needs to tell me - when posts are one to two years old, does that imply those units are still for sale? "

NO. It implies the seller never pulled down their ad. Molded FG trailers do not take years to sell, or months either. They typically sell in a few days, maybe a few weeks if the seller is in some remote location.

Fifth wheels do last longer, maybe a month or two. The demand is the highest for pull behind trailers. Fifth wheel market is very limited.

Sadly sellers often don't update their ads. When you see an ad, where the seller only has a couple of posts total on the site, and then a string of responses "is the trailer still for sale? etc." with zero response from the seller, safe to bet the trailer is sold.

The molded FG market has been and continues to be red hot, and a seller's market. All the manufacturers have 6 to 12 month backlogs on new trailers. Used values are high, really high. Newer used trailers show little to no depreciation. Buyers are avoiding a long wait time, but not saving money.

We sold our Casita in four hours. We bought it the first day it was for sale. We bought our Escape the first day it was for sale, and the seller had multiple people ready to buy, including one that offered over asking price!

If I was "king for the day", I would make a rule, for sale ad would be deleted unless the seller reposts to their ad at least once every two weeks. The current system certainly frustrates potential buyers.

Many sellers just blanket all of the free for sale channels: Craigslist, this forum, and other brand specific forums. I think a lot of them forget all the ads they have placed, so old ads linger for months and even years.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote