Ft Carson, Colorado - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2014, 06:04 AM   #1

Ft Carson, Colorado

So, I've been lurking in the background for a few months now and am finally ready to introduce myself. I answer to Benjamin and am originally from Eastern North Carolina and proud of it. I grew up on the water and miss it dearly. The lack of humidity and salt in the air is killing me.

In 2005, I joined the Army as an Attack Helicopter Repairer. My career has taken me, in order, to South Korea, Texas, Iraq x2, Afghanistan x1, and Colorado. I plan on making this a career.

I am looking to get in to RV'ing as a family hobby. I'd like to find a light weight option for getting in to the hard - to - reach areas.

I'll explain, in detail, what I envision, but for now I've got to get out of the trick and do PT. Hope y'all can point me in the right direction!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2014, 06:56 AM   #2

Name: Leslie
Trailer: Alto R1723
North Carolina
Welcome from Western North Carolina! I'm pretty new here too. This is a great place to learn about FGRVs!

Leslie
Kudzu Asheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #3

Trailer: Helite
Go to the PX and purchase a Map and Book on Military Campgrounds. Also, there is a web site that a retiree has, it costs but has the latest about the various Mil campgrounds.
Art VanDelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #4

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Casita patriot
Colorado
Several years ago, Ft. Carson bought several Casitas for soldiers to rent for camping. As those campers aged, they sold them off the base. I've known a couple of folks who purchased them from Ft Carson. I don't know if they still have that program. Might be worth checking.
ShirleyA is offline   Reply With Quote