Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajn81 View Post
Karen,

We just got back from Agua Caliente and did get the message from the CHP.

Now I know the rest of the story. Others are staying through Monday, so we'll hear from them later in the week.

It was so frustrating and we all were VERY concerned as the message that reached us had the barest minimum of information. The note that reached us stated that the accident happened near Julian and we were all sure you went over a cliff!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #16

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
awwww that really sucks... so glad your gonna be ok though. the rest can be replaced.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #17

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Eric and I are so glad you are ok. The message was relayed through the CHP, to SD Parks to to the campground to Rosemary and I... and said that the accident had happened close to Julian, the trailer was totaled but that you were uninjured. We tried to find out more information through one of the rangers but couldn't find out anything. Not having cell service was very frustrating!

I truly hope that you aren't soured on the idea, will get another trailer and we can all meet.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #18

Name: Karen
Trailer: Casita
California
Registry
Thanks to everyone for all your thoughtful responses to my post. It was a traumatic experience, but as I stated we came through just fine. I am in the process of working through the insurance claims and we are still trying to locate the trailer..to date..no yet located.

I believe the truck will be totalled as it was spanking brand new..allowing me to replace it rather than have it fixed and have that report on my car fax info. I had full insurance on both vehicles so I think I'll be in good shape to replace them.

I'm glad the CHP got some message through to all staying at Aqua Cliente..even if wrong, at least you all knew something had happened. The accident was about 4-5 miles from the turn off onto S2. Saw it coming and had nothing I could do to avoid it. We are all fine and back to living and life...just working through the claims now.

Thank you all for kindness..hope to meet again someday in the near future.
Karen
Old 05-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #19

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Karen did you ever find your trailer and belongings???
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #20

California
Registry
Now a Casita Owner

After having been involved in that accident on the way to the FTMeet-up, I was able to replace my truck with another new Toyota Tacoma and as of Saturday, was able to replace the lost Fiber Stream with a Casita Liberty Deluxe.

Just got back tonight from buying it in Arizona and hauling it back to Los Angeles. What a trip! The Casita is a 1999 Liberty Deluxe in excellent condition, purchased from the original owners who kept it immaculately. I was just plain lucky to get it period.

Perhaps sometime this summer we'll have a chance to meet you all after all.

As for the belongings in the FS..they were stolen! A report has been filed with the CHP and they are investigating. Meanwhile I have filed yet another claim with my insurance on my stolen property. Everything was taken..the trailer was stripped clean. They did leave a carton of eggs but took everything else including my clothing and Hannah's.

Thanks Carol for asking and following up.
Karen
Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #21

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Glad to hear you got a new truck and trailer already - how exciting!!!
*Sorry* though to hear about your personal belongings.... what a pain that is. Hope there wasn't anything you where very attached to and not replaceable in it.

Your experience actually got me thinking about no longer carrying a few items in the trailer but putting them into the car while traveling instead.

Would love to hear how the tow truck company and CHIP explain how that happened?? Seemed kind of crazy that they didnt kown where the trailer was.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #22

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
so happy to hear your getting things back together. hope to see you out on the road someday.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #23

California
Registry
Stolen Items Reply to Carol

Carol
The trailer went missing from the point it was picked up by the tow company called by the CHP and not entered into the tow company inventory till Wednesday when the accident happened on Saturday. From Saturday at pickup till entered into inventory on Wednesday, there was plenty of time for "someone" to take everything from the trailer...which they did indeed. The CHP is looking at the tow company..seems a likely candidate to me!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #24

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Unfortunately, it is common for towed vehicles to be plundered. Worse are wallets and jewelry gone missing from injured people, between accident and hospital discharge.