Good Morning Forum - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #29

Name: Sharon
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Mike, I'm definitely with you on at least the 3 cf refrigerator with freezer, too. When we take off on two or three week trips, I pack the freezer full of meat, and the refrigerator full of deli items, and it keeps us from running to the grocery store all the time.

And large windows make the camper feel huge and keep me from getting that uncomfortable closed-in feeling.

And ditto on the sitting height. We are both under 5'5". I built our twin beds the same height as the original sofabed, then put 6" mattresses on top of it. The only way we can stand to sit in it now is swing our feet up in the bed and prop our backs against a wall.

That's why the idea of comfortable chairs in the Lil Snoozy sounds so appealing to me!

Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #30

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDeutsch View Post
If there are orders being placed and test units being evaluated, how come there are no pictures?
@Don,
I have posted recently as to the reasons for no pictures. We do not want to show an unfinished product, some items that are in the prototypes will not be in the finished product. Also the prototypes do not have the finishing touches IE graphics and interior niceties.

@Mike,
You defiantly have my ear. I don't understand why some of these larger manufacturers don't listen to their customers. It doesn't make sense.

One of these pictures is of the "fire place" we are considering as an option. It is 10,000 BTU. I actually have one in my house for an emergency. It uses no power at all and can be either LP or Natural gas. The other picture is one of the chairs we are considering. Most likely we will not have the ottoman shown in this picture, as it takes up too much room.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #31

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Ditto on the larger fridge/freezer. We too would prefer the fireplace for overnighting at Walmarts, flying J's etc and also state/Federal parks with no hookups. It would be great not to worry about having enough battery juice to run a furnace fan. Is the fridge a compressor style like in the Eggcamper? I've read they are colder and use way less juice. Is there going to be a wetbath option? That would be a deal breaker for sure. Is the bed going to be larger than the typical 44-48" found in most eggs? Me and DH are "fluffy" folks. I always thought a removable or drop down upper bunk over the main bed like what used to be found in vintage trailers would be an oustanding option so 2 adults could sleep comfortably. I'm only 5ft so I'd take the upper bunk and let 6ft 275 lb DH have the main bed. We thought about taking an Egg to a boatyard to see if they could install a bunk over the rear dinette but if we could order it from the get go that would be great. One last thing, we need to sleep 4 having 2 kids. I know, we're asking a lot, lol. Probably one reason why we havent taken the plunge yet. So far the Scamp 16 with front bunks/side bath fits the bill excluding the large enough bed which the previously mentioned trip to a boat yard may be in order. Our tow is an 06 Toyota Sienna so we are trying to stay light.

We look forward to pix being posted and will watch intently.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #32

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: Boler 1978 17' 4" Earlton Ont Model
Ontario
Registry
What will be the usable cabin size? will it be rounded on sides like our boler or an egg camper? wind drag looks like it could be good? Welcome to FiberglassRv.
Will the nose go out over tongue?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #33

Georgia
Lil Snoozy, I LOVE the fireplace and chairs.

I also love wet baths, too. So easy to always keep clean and no wasted space.

This is so much fun watching this develop!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #34

Georgia
Another thought is the air conditioner. I have read on the Fun Finder forums that the air conditioners they use are unbearably noisy in a small trailer.

I have never read a complaint about air conditioner noise in a Casita or Scamp.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #35

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Oh Good point Sharon! If the A/C could be a window style mounted low like the older Scamps/Casitas or the Eggcamper that would be a plus as there would be no wind resitance on top and no bumping heads inside.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #36

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
But if the A/C is on the roof, you can get a heat strip. I've heard lots of people in more mild climates don't use their furnaces, only the heat strip. Guess it's a trade off.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #37

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
But if the A/C is on the roof, you can get a heat strip. I've heard lots of people in more mild climates don't use their furnaces, only the heat strip. Guess it's a trade off.
Heat strips mean ac power and a bigger a/c unit needing a bigger generator, that is why you have a "fireplace" either inside or outside, or a furnace or a plug in heater if hooked up. Plenty of alternatives without the heat strip.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #38

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
here is a picture of Lil Snoozy from their website- I'm hoping Nicholas will verify this.
Attached Thumbnails
ib_p002_0_8.jpg  
Old 01-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #39

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
here is a picture of Lil Snoozy from their website- I'm hoping Nicholas will verify this.
I'm sorry for the confusion.
That is NOT our interior but it is very similar. I guess we still have two websites. We had some issues with our original web designer and requested it be taken offline. Since I am no where near a web designer I have no idea how to remove that site. We were worried about this exact problem, I can't tell you how many people have asked us if we are building the T@B. The OFFICIAL website of the LiL Snoozy is www.lilsnoozy.com.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #40

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Nicholas, i don't know if this has been addressed yet... is the Lil Snoozy going to be a single hulled or double hulled unit? What will be your method of attaching cabinets and such to the hull... will you rivet through or what?

When you have your official rollout in February, I assume you will have a finished trailer (or trailers) and the production line will be up and running at that point. Will we then be able to tour your facility and see trailers being built?
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Old 01-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #41

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Also roof air conditioners don't take up precious interior space. I prefer a roof air conditioner.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #42

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Heat strips mean ac power and a bigger a/c unit needing a bigger generator, that is why you have a "fireplace" either inside or outside, or a furnace or a plug in heater if hooked up. Plenty of alternatives without the heat strip.
One thing I've noticed on the forums over the years, is you can't please all the people all the time... that's life too. The two things I have noticed that 99.9% of the people want is a comfortable bed and a comfortable place to sit inside the trailer. The options being said to be offered allow folks to pick and choose their desires. Hopefully that will include the type and placement of an A/C and furnace/fireplace.

Closed Thread

Tags
lil snoozy