Good Morning Forum - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,398
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
One thing I've noticed on the forums over the years, is you can't please all the people all the time... that's life too. The two things I have noticed that 99.9% of the people want is a comfortable bed and a comfortable place to sit inside the trailer. The options being said to be offered allow folks to pick and choose their desires. Hopefully that will include the type and placement of an A/C and furnace/fireplace.
That is true and what I have observed over the past 30 years is that people are getting more into "RVing" and less into "Camping" and mean while they are bringing their homes with all the luxuries with them on the highways. I did that and now I want to camp more outside, isn't that why we are here? Now if you full time I agree you may want more comforts, but otherwise less is simpler. That is why we have smaller rigs is it not? One sacrifices comfort for space.
__________________

__________________
cpaharley2008 is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
melissab's Avatar
 
Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Posts: 1,372
How would you get to the bathroom at night w/o crawling over the kids sleeping in the dinette bed?? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
here is a picture of Lil Snoozy from their website- I'm hoping Nicholas will verify this.
__________________

__________________
Melissa in Florida
2016 Honda Odyssey
melissab is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,398
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
How would you get to the bathroom at night w/o crawling over the kids sleeping in the dinette bed?? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.....
I guess the kids sleep in the bigger bed and the adults in the dinette bed? I agree this set up is perfect for a couple, but they may have other floor plans conducive to families
__________________
cpaharley2008 is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
melissab's Avatar
 
Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Posts: 1,372
OH OH!!! I second the tour idea. The kids have Spring Break the end of Mar and you are only 6 hrs from us!! We're so excited, we cant believe there is a Queen bed!! All our problems are solved without breaking the bank, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Galazin View Post
Nicholas, i don't know if this has been addressed yet... is the Lil Snoozy going to be a single hulled or double hulled unit? What will be your method of attaching cabinets and such to the hull... will you rivet through or what?

When you have your official rollout in February, I assume you will have a finished trailer (or trailers) and the production line will be up and running at that point. Will we then be able to tour your facility and see trailers being built?
__________________
Melissa in Florida
2016 Honda Odyssey
melissab is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Sharon G's Avatar
 
Name: Sharon
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Posts: 529
I was planning (dreaming about) my future Lil Snoozy last night when it hit me... I had not asked about gray water tanks.

I do hope there will be an option for gray water tanks along with a decent sized black water tank. If not, the Lil Snoozy wouldn't work for our style of camping/travel. I sure hope it will. I really have my heart set on that design!

But if it turns out it's not for me, it's still an awesome concept and it will be perfect for a lot of people, as Donna mentioned.

I will be so glad when I get the Aliner paid off and can get a molded fiberglass trailer so the decisions will be behind me! It's been a long, frustrating wait! Hopefully I will have it by the end of this year.
__________________
Sharon G is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #48
Member
 
LiL Snoozy's Avatar
 
Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Galazin View Post
Nicholas, i don't know if this has been addressed yet... is the Lil Snoozy going to be a single hulled or double hulled unit? What will be your method of attaching cabinets and such to the hull... will you rivet through or what?

When you have your official rollout in February, I assume you will have a finished trailer (or trailers) and the production line will be up and running at that point. Will we then be able to tour your facility and see trailers being built?

Mike,
The LiL Snoozy is a double hulled design, there is a top and bottom (around the shop we differentiate by saying hull and deck) The seem is around waist high. This way there is no seem in the roof to leak, and it gives a style line. We chemically bond the two pieces together with a two part epoxy known as Methacrylate. It is amazingly strong, in test it took more force than our scale had to break the bond (over 2000 lbs), and when it did come loose it took some glass with it. In conjunction with that we use SS machine bolts with "nyloc" nuts spaced every foot. It is not necessary, but an added precaution. The shell is attached to the frame in the same way. These bolts are the only bolts going through the fiberglass.

The interior cabinets are attached with the same bonding agent. We use short screws to hold everything together until the methacrylate has completely cured. At this point the screw could be removed.


When we have our official roll-out, the new plant will be running at full steam. As there are already quite a few orders on the books, we will likely be issuing delivery dates until the initial serge is completed. As I stated before we are keeping or over head low in order to keep the price down. This means there will be a waiting list.

There has been some conversation about A/C units. Roof tops vs. window mounts. The Lil Snoozy uses a window mount style. Personaly I am not a fan of roof mounts, they are noisy and leak. Not to mention they are very expensive.

Nicholas Smoak
Smoakin Concepts
__________________
LiL Snoozy is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 02:55 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
melissab's Avatar
 
Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Posts: 1,372
WOW! Just when you think it couldnt get any better!! Waiting is gonna be tough!
__________________
Melissa in Florida
2016 Honda Odyssey
melissab is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Snoozy View Post
.........
When we have our official roll-out, the new plant will be running at full steam. As there are already quite a few orders on the books, we will likely be issuing delivery dates until the initial serge is completed. As I stated before we are keeping or over head low in order to keep the price down. This means there will be a waiting list.
.........
Nicholas Smoak
Smoakin Concepts
Wow Nicholas, quite a few orders already? That surprises me, considering there are no floor plan diagrams or photos or even a price list yet. Are you advertising somewhere? Are you accepting orders without down payments? I'm sure you wouldn't expect people to pay up front without them knowing exactly what they were getting... and a company with no debt would not be in need of the cash.

As nice as all of this sounds, I am one to wait and see a finished trailer (at least in pictures), or hear from some folks who've seen them being assembled, before sending in any money. However, if you're taking orders without down payments, let me know exactly how much an empty shell will cost (I want to use it for cargo, so a bare shell with standard door is fine) and if it's reasonable I'll sure have you put my name down for one. Over time the fuel savings will pay for a reasonably priced FG trailer, so it's a good business decision. (I'll still wait to see floorplans and pics before ordering another one for leisure use).
__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Snoozy View Post
Mike,
The LiL Snoozy is a double hulled design, there is a top and bottom (around the shop we differentiate by saying hull and deck) The seem is around waist high.
Actually, if I'm understanding your explanation correctly, I think most of us would think of Lil Snoozy as a single hull trailer, like Scamp or Casita. An example of a double hull trailer is the Burro, which is a shell within a shell and (sometimes) insulation in between.
__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
Posts: 199
I also would like to know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Galazin View Post
Wow Nicholas, quite a few orders already? That surprises me, considering there are no floor plan diagrams or photos or even a price list yet. Are you advertising somewhere? Are you accepting orders without down payments? I'm sure you wouldn't expect people to pay up front without them knowing exactly what they were getting... and a company with no debt would not be in need of the cash.

As nice as all of this sounds, I am one to wait and see a finished trailer (at least in pictures), or hear from some folks who've seen them being assembled, before sending in any money. However, if you're taking orders without down payments, let me know exactly how much an empty shell will cost (I want to use it for cargo, so a bare shell with standard door is fine) and if it's reasonable I'll sure have you put my name down for one. Over time the fuel savings will pay for a reasonably priced FG trailer, so it's a good business decision. (I'll still wait to see floorplans and pics before ordering another one for leisure use).
I really find this interesting. I would love to order a lil snoozy.....but no plans? No photos? Honestly, are people really going to order something that they have not seen? I would never, ever, order something sight unseen.
My wife and I have emailed Nicholas concerning visiting the factory in middle of Feb, on our way to Charleston, SC. We have yet received a reply. It would be great to see these campers first hand and place our order there. We ARE very serious about a purchase this year.
One more question Nicholas, what will the warranty be?
Thank you!
__________________
BigLew is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #53
Member
 
LiL Snoozy's Avatar
 
Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Posts: 60
BigLew,
What is your email? My inbox is flooded at the moment and it is taking me a while to get through them all. As for you stopping by on your way to Charleston, we would love to give a tour! You might just be the first customer to visit our new facility.

Warranties are not something we have given alot of thought to. Each component (refers, A/C, microwave etc) we install will have a warranty from each manufacturer. We will send it back or let you deal directly with the manufacturer, depending on what is more convincing for the customer. As for the items we build, we are still deciding. We are thinking somewhere around 3-5 years on the fiberglass, but that is not final.

We do have orders, the majority are from people that have stopped us on the side of the road or friends, all of which have seen the proto types and/or know us. I use the term orders loosely. Our are of people who have liked what they have seen and said "Yes I want one, when can I get it.

We will be handling deposits much the way aircraft manufactures do.
1. You tell me you want one and I compile all of your basic information and options, and give you a tentative delivery date and price. At that point no funds exchange hands and it is not binding. Its a gentalmans (or ladies) agreement.
2. Closer to the time you camper will start its journey though the production line, we will contact you with an exact date. At that point you still have the option to decline. We will figure the exact cost. At that point a deposit will be required to secure that date.

One thing I would like ya'll to understand, I am still a consumer. I would NEVER buy anything of this magnitude with out seeing and putting my hands on it. I would not expect to place a deposit on something with out knowing everything about it. It is for that reason we do not expect a deposit at this point.

I hope these answered your questions. If for some reason you have some questions that I am not answering one here, you can private message me or email me at Nicholas@LiLSnoozy.com
Again thank you very much for your enthusiasm, it makes me job that much more fun!!
__________________
LiL Snoozy is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
Posts: 199
Thank you.......

Thank you for the quick response Nicholas! Very much appreciated.
We are always lurking on this site.......let us know when you plan on giving the tours in Feb. We have not set a date yet, but it should be closer to the third week in Feb.
Again,
thank you!
Lew


Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Snoozy View Post
BigLew,
What is your email? My inbox is flooded at the moment and it is taking me a while to get through them all. As for you stopping by on your way to Charleston, we would love to give a tour! You might just be the first customer to visit our new facility.

Warranties are not something we have given alot of thought to. Each component (refers, A/C, microwave etc) we install will have a warranty from each manufacturer. We will send it back or let you deal directly with the manufacturer, depending on what is more convincing for the customer. As for the items we build, we are still deciding. We are thinking somewhere around 3-5 years on the fiberglass, but that is not final.

We do have orders, the majority are from people that have stopped us on the side of the road or friends, all of which have seen the proto types and/or know us. I use the term orders loosely. Our are of people who have liked what they have seen and said "Yes I want one, when can I get it.

We will be handling deposits much the way aircraft manufactures do.
1. You tell me you want one and I compile all of your basic information and options, and give you a tentative delivery date and price. At that point no funds exchange hands and it is not binding. Its a gentalmans (or ladies) agreement.
2. Closer to the time you camper will start its journey though the production line, we will contact you with an exact date. At that point you still have the option to decline. We will figure the exact cost. At that point a deposit will be required to secure that date.

One thing I would like ya'll to understand, I am still a consumer. I would NEVER buy anything of this magnitude with out seeing and putting my hands on it. I would not expect to place a deposit on something with out knowing everything about it. It is for that reason we do not expect a deposit at this point.

I hope these answered your questions. If for some reason you have some questions that I am not answering one here, you can private message me or email me at Nicholas@LiLSnoozy.com
Again thank you very much for your enthusiasm, it makes me job that much more fun!!
__________________
BigLew is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #55
Member
 
LiL Snoozy's Avatar
 
Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLew View Post
Thank you for the quick response Nicholas! Very much appreciated.
We are always lurking on this site.......let us know when you plan on giving the tours in Feb. We have not set a date yet, but it should be closer to the third week in Feb.
Again,
thank you!
Lew
Don't feel bad, I'm lurking to!!
There will not be a set date of tours, Just give us a call a day or so in advance with an approximate time. The company building our plant has promised me that we will be able to move in first week of February.
__________________
LiL Snoozy is offline  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
2yax2go's Avatar
 
Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Posts: 351
Registry
As a SC resident, I'm always looking out for new companies in this state as an indicator that the economy is doing something other than stagnating, that there is hope that might actually be growing and people are actually finding work.

So....curious Gerogette that I am...I looked up Smoakin Concepts Composites.

For those of you concerned that this is a real business look here:

South Carolina Secretary of State:*Search Business Filings

It lists owner name and address as well as inception date. Matthews, SC is in the mid-portion of the state geographically.

Having just found our little Scamp, as well as the other "egg" trailers, and knowing that they are mostly built up North, it is exciting to think that, in addition to roto-molded kayak builders Confluence Watersports in Easley, SC, we are going have another high-tech type recreational manufacturing facility in this state.

Thank you, Nicholas, for sharing the exciting possibilites of your new product. If you haven't been up 2 lane Saluda Grade on US 176 between Tryon and Saluda, NC, it's I-26 multi-laned twin or through Nantahala National Forest with Lil Snoozy...they would surely be good test sites for mountain driving.

I look forward to when this goes 'live" so that me and the Handyman can go take a look-see.
__________________

__________________


"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
lil snoozy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eggs Over Easy, this morning!!! Doug Mager General Chat 2 10-11-2009 09:55 AM
Friday Morning Story Donna D. Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 1 04-25-2007 03:59 PM
Oh Yes!!! Picked up my egg this morning!! Mike H. General Chat 8 07-12-2006 06:18 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.