Greetings and Salutations! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2019, 05:17 AM   #21

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Watson Lake signage, I put one up around 1976 and it is still hanging up there though getting hard to see, now I have another one on the bridge.
Stude/Peter
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:02 AM   #22

Name: Bernard
Trailer: Buying May 2019
Pennsylvania
Needing Advice

Thank you. I will look into Amazon.
Bero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:05 AM   #23

Pennsylvania
Thank you.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:15 AM   #24

Pennsylvania
Thanks for the input. I didn't know there was anything like RV Boot Camp.
I'll try to gather up the items you mentioned that I need but will also look into the training sessions.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:46 PM   #25

Name: Rae
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzi lor View Post
Thank you, I agree with your assessment of the responses.

I really like the idea of attending a rally. I think there is one scheduled for the OBX this fall. That would be 2-3 hours drive from here, definitely doable.

I also appreciate the insight into bed size. We're a Tweedledum/Tweedledee type of couple, need more than 22" width. I'd definitely try out beds before committing to a particular model.

My father has been living out of an RV for almost 30 years: a 19' Dodge (with a bunk over the cab) for most of it, currently a 29' Ford with a short queen. I've learned much just from his visits. However, I personally prefer the convenience of a removable trailer. Neither of us are mechanics but trailer maintenance is within our abilities.

I also have been reading a lot and watching RV videos online for over a year, now it's time to do more serious research!

Thank you all, again.
How do I get info on the boot camp?
Scampdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:34 PM   #26

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Are you thinking to buy new or pre-loved? Be aware that some of the newer Scamps do have a wider 54" bed space (although the rounded corners take a bite out of that, so the shorter person gets the wall). If used, be ready to jump fast on any you see advertised.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:37 AM   #27

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
...some of the newer Scamps do have a wider 54" bed space...
All Scamp deluxe models (with the oak or birch wood interior) come with the wider bed, not just newer ones.

Among standard versions with a fiberglass interior, the larger bed is only available on 13’ers, and only since 2014. It’s available with or without the front bath. Kind of ironic that the larger bed is only available on the smaller trailer...
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:49 PM   #28

Name: lor
Trailer: Dreaming
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Are you thinking to buy new or pre-loved? Be aware that some of the newer Scamps do have a wider 54" bed space (although the rounded corners take a bite out of that, so the shorter person gets the wall). If used, be ready to jump fast on any you see advertised.
I think if the "right" used trailer became available, we'd prefer it, mainly due to cost. I've been reading the "For Sale" posts to get an idea of what is out there, and discover what is truly important to me: a bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
All Scamp deluxe models (with the oak or birch wood interior) come with the wider bed, not just newer ones.

Among standard versions with a fiberglass interior, the larger bed is only available on 13’ers, and only since 2014. It’s available with or without the front bath. Kind of ironic that the larger bed is only available on the smaller trailer...
I like the idea of a larger bed, but don't want to pay for oak cabinets to get one.
fuzzi lor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:45 AM   #29

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
There are creative ways to make the smaller beds work. When our kids are along, my wife shares the dinette bed with one of them, sleeping in opposite directions. Much roomier that way, but not so romantic for couples... LOL!

When it’s just the two of us, we may share the dinette bed for couple time in the evening, but when it’s lights out, I move to the front sofa. Sleeping in separate beds makes those middle-of-the-night pit stops easier without disturbing your partner.

Since the bathroom is important to you, I’d recommend sticking with front bath layouts. The Scamp side bath is a postage-stamp-sized, height-limited, emergency-use-only affair.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote