Greetings from a former pop-up camper - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2015, 12:33 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
"BUT there are some downsides too... like spending lots of time so close to the coast means lots of exposure to corrosive salty humidity. Another reason I'm looking at a fiberglass unit this time around."

The Lil Snoozy has a galvanized frame.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #22

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
"BUT there are some downsides too... like spending lots of time so close to the coast means lots of exposure to corrosive salty humidity. Another reason I'm looking at a fiberglass unit this time around."

Dave & Paula
As well they should, that frame was built by a boat trailer company.

But that fear would rule out all other FGRV's without a galvanized or aluminum frame, as well as pop-ups.

The Black, 1983 StarCraft, pop-up in post #5, came from an oceanside venue (Ventura, CA) and was used extensively for beach camping and, after more than 25 years of use didn't show any damaging rust or deterioration as a result. But that may vary by make?

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #23

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
When I joined the North-South Skirmish Association, one of my team mates gave me a very dilapidated sticky to use as I got started. By the time it collapsed I had searched this forum and the old Fiberglas For Sale forum an found the Burro "of my dreams" to buy. Unfortunately, it was in Chicago and I am in Virginia, but fortunately I'm retired and have more time than money, so I just drove up there and bought it. I've pulled it behind a 2000 Chevy Astro and a 1993 Chevy Blazer and have just bought a 2003 Honda CR-V as my new TV for the 2016 season. Through it all I'm happy to have the solid, stable platform of a FGRV for my camping. Glad I skipped the pop-up step!

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #24

Name: Fritz
Trailer: Formerly Starcraft
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
You know, I had already discovered the Lil Snoozy months ago before I even found this forum and I am seriously considering one of those. However, there's no way I can afford a new one right now and they haven't been out long enough for used ones to show up very often, so I'll most likely get something a little more common like a used Casita at first. But I do like the design innovations of that Lil Snoozy... a lot!
fneumann66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Thanks for joining Fritz
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote