Happier Camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2020, 05:29 PM   #1

Name: Edmond
Trailer: In the market
Baton Rouge
Happier Camper

I'm a pre-newby. Anyone have info or opinion on Happeir Camper HC-1?
Edmond Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
I see it as a very well made and expensive cargo trailer...Oh, and cute, lots and lots of cute.

BTW: Most of us have opinions on almost anything...

Go here for some info and form your own opinion.

https://happiercamper.com/
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:50 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
The owner is on this forum. Maybe he will pop in. He put together a unique, creative, and cute design. I got to see the camper and meet him at Algonac.

CindyL
Old 01-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I see it as a very well made and expensive cargo trailer...Oh, and cute, lots and lots of cute.

BTW: Most of us have opinions on almost anything...
Yep, lots of cute! Not for me, but I can see where it would be desirable for others.

As far as opinions.. I think any trailer without a bathroom is just a hard-sided tent.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:17 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Major View Post
I'm a pre-newby. Anyone have info or opinion on Happeir Camper HC-1?
Hello Edmond and welcome to the. FGRV forum , while I am not the owner of Happier Camper I am the owners Dad and usually respond here to posts referring to HC . On this forum there are many different owners of different fg trailers and most owners here love their trailers and like me will have a little biased opinion on others choices. The fg market is small segment of the RV market but even in that there are many decisions to be made, mainly having to do with towing capabilities and your personal style of camping.
My best advice would be to see a HC1 in person or visit a rally where one is attending . You may also try the Happier Campers owners group on FB where you can see over 300 owners responses to their trailers although it may be only open to owners and future owners ,not sure as HC does not have anything to do with it.
Good luck Edmond with your search and thanks for considering Happier Camper.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:43 PM   #6

Baton Rouge
Edmond Major

So, if I was gonna use my egg for say- 1 month trip; one two week trip; and 10 weekend trips per year...what about the HC-1 or others?
Old 01-22-2020, 10:24 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I don't need a trailer that is put together out of modules. For one thing, I have no place to store modules I'm not using. My trailer has what I need and what is in it stays there.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:23 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
So, if I was gonna use my egg for say- 1 month trip; one two week trip; and 10 weekend trips per year...what about the HC-1 or others?
Edmond thanks again for your interest.unlike the rhetoric you can see on the previous post which seems to be by the same person throughout the development and introduction of the HC1 and if you don’t believe it check out some of the previous posts, the HC1 is not put together by modules .It is built the same as all trailers on this forum with possibly more fg than any other trailer it’s size. and utilizes almost every square inch of space .You sound like some one with all those trips planned who does not do the same camping every time . The HC1 unlike most trailers here will give you the opportunity to change your interior to what your needs are for just about any situation.
If on the other hand you would like the formility of the same interior and do not like change the HC1 will do that too just like all the trailers on this forum
Unlike the previous post no! you will not have to store your components somewhere else as all you need can be utilized in the trailer
Thanks again Edmond for your interest.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:47 AM   #9

From the Happier Camper web site: "Just like Lego".
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.45.53 PM.jpg  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:59 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Ontario
[QUOTE=Glenn Baglo;766138]From the Happier Camper web site: "Just like Lego
Thanks Glen appreciate your help on posting the website
Old 01-23-2020, 01:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
And your point is?

It's your own web site that promotes the modular concept, that you can add a kitchen module or a toilet module, or make a bed out of several modules.
I think the concept is flawed ( at least for me, for sure ).

Your site shows people sitting on cubes around a fire. I presume the cubes have to be moved back inside to make a bed, or left outside in the rain.
Moving the kitchen module with water in the storage inside of it to make an outdoor kitchen sounds like a real chore.
You got the cute going for you and it may be well built, but reading the forums, most people have issues with making the dinette into a bed and vice versa in the evening.

That is my point.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:31 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
It's your own web site that promotes the modular concept, that you can add a kitchen module or a toilet module, or make a bed out of several modules.
I think the concept is flawed ( at least for me, for sure ).

Your site shows people sitting on cubes around a fire. I presume the cubes have to be moved back inside to make a bed, or left outside in the rain.
Moving the kitchen module with water in the storage inside of it to make an outdoor kitchen sounds like a real chore.
You got the cute going for you and it may be well built, but reading the forums, most people have issues with making the dinette into a bed and vice versa in the evening.

That is my point.
You could just leave the cubes out all night and sleep under the stars if you would like but I do think most HC 1 owners have the sense to bring them in from the rain but guess what if you do leave them in the rain the sunbrella material we use should manage just fine and unlike most interiors all material can be removed for easy cleaning., in fact all the interior can easily removed and your trailer can be completely washed in side and drain all the water out the drain in the floor ,easy peasy squeaky clean
Once again Glen you seem to always comparing the13 HC1 to your 17 foot and it is kind of flattering but most 13 foot trailers on this forum will also have to de converted to a dinette or bed .just the laws of physics although Happier Camper is trying to bend them.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:59 AM   #13

So, we agree.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:15 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
So, we agree.
Yes agree to disagree
I d invite to come on down to LA or Canadian showroom some time where I’ll buy buy you a coffee or specialty drink from the Happier Camper cafe (best coffee in LA) and show you a trailer in person were you can make an informed opinion or maybe come on down to Santa Barbara this weekend where the HC1 will be making a national commercial for Go Rving .
Old 01-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Edmond: The fiberglass molded have more variety than what one would think. I am guessing that you have been at the Happier Camper website by now, so what do you think of what you saw? My thoughts, although I have not seen one, is that the HC1 would be easy to clean, and be a fantastic upgrade for those that enjoy tent camping but want more security and comfort. We are like mud magnets, and we like to camp (rather than RV and there is a difference) in the same places that tent campers would gather for the most part. Having no fabric on the walls is a real plus to us also as we search for a molded fiberglass trailer. We have had many standard RVs, and the longevity just isn't there.

If you give more details as to your "style" of camping/RVing, I think it would be easier to help you narrow down your choices.

I think the "cube" concept to be able to tweak the inside of the camper is really an innovative idea, and a real plus for organized storage.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:28 PM   #16

Baton Rouge
Camping Plans

I plan on using camper for an annual solo trip of 4-6 weeks to see differt parts of the country. Probably Northeast and Southeast first. Then 8-10, 3 to 4 day trips to locations around Louisiana and nearby States with wife and dog.

I see comments re buying used eggs and importance of them having been stored "inside." Does inside mean like under a carport or in a fully enclosed conditioned-air structure?

Ed
Old 01-28-2020, 02:36 PM   #17

My trailer sits outside, under a cedar tree, year 'round.
I have had the caulk checked, windows checked to make sure there are no leaks.
The disadvantaged of storing it outside is that it needs a good wash and polish in the spring, because of oxidation that can occur. That could, however, be an advantage, if the buyer can get several hundred dollars off because the trailer is not shiny.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:14 PM   #18

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
MD
Registry
Quote:
I see comments re buying used eggs and importance of them having been stored "inside." Does inside mean like under a carport or in a fully enclosed conditioned-air structure?

Ed
We store ours outside year round in Maryland. It would be great to store it inside but that is a luxury. We use a high quality RV cover and it seems to work well. We are 2.5 years along so time will tell.
Air Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:36 PM   #19

Name: Nancy
Trailer: Happier Camper
Colorado
I have enjoyed my Happier Camper for 3 1/2 years now. One person commented that it was basically a hard sided tent which is quite true and the reason I bought it. I used to tent camp in the boonies, mostly BLM land the Southwest area usually by myself. After spending the night in my car thanks to spotting some very fresh mountain lion tracks in the area where I parked I decided that I wanted more than thin nylon between me and the wildlife.

I love the modular set up with Happier Camper. I definitely prefer simplicity so I only bought enough cubes to make beds for me and my son when he occasionally accompanies me. I also bought the very cool toilet which I only use in emergencies and great refrigerator unit that can run off my car while it's driving or the solar panels on the trailer when parked.

The main benefit for me is the openness of the trailer. I can stack the cubes up if I want and have plenty of space to move around if it's raining or too hot or sunny outside. The Max Air vent also powered by the solar panel keeps the trailer cool enough. I have a Coleman stove and a solar powered oven for cooking and a couple of nice folding chairs for outside.
Nancy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:35 PM   #20

Name: Vicki
Trailer: 2019 Scamp 13' with 2015 Nissan Frontier V6
Alabama
There are things about the HC I like. The big hatch in the back, the bigger side windows, higher ground clearance, the cool side fenders and I love the color choices. It's a very good looking camper! It is out of my price range though. I have a Scamp 13 which is about the same size, already built-in inside, and a lot cheaper.
Vicki Hale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happier camper