Hello - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2015, 02:11 AM   #1

Name: Robin
Trailer: Burro
Nebraska
Hello

Hi Guys,
Last month a little Burro followed me home and I decided to keep it. I hope to take it on more than a few adventures in the years to come. I have a very tiny teardrop and enjoyed taking it camping but, even though it was “bigger on the inside”, it was just a little too cramped for me and my Shelties.
As with a lot of FGRV's, mine will probably be a continuous work in progress with lots of little things to fix up more to my liking. Otherwise, the Burro itself seems to be pretty solid, tows well, feels nice and cozy inside. So far I've added a nice sized dorm fridge (the PO had removed the original), did a lot of (but not enough cleaning), decided to just keep the bed in place of the table (by adding a 6” memory foam mattress) and took it “test camping” for one night, just to see how everything worked when it's not parked in my driveway.
Over the coming months I hope to add a Fan-Tastic (or similar) fan, replace the hand pump for the sink and figure out an inexpensive way to change the inhumanly hideous, retch inducing color of the cushions (has anyone dyed cushion covers?).
And since someone usually asks, I towed it with my little Suzuki Crossover. I know it is not the best tow vehicle but it is paid off and I will be upgrading to something much more appropriate by this Autumn. Surprisingly, I didn't seem to have any problems towing – didn't even hurt the MPG too much - but I just know that it wouldn't be a good idea to take the Burro on any long journeys behind my little Suzuki. And anyway, I'm not planning to take the Burro on the road for the next few months as my Mom recently had some surgery and I need to stay mostly put until she is fully recovered. That will, of course, give me some time to work on making the Burro more my own. That's all for now from my little piece of Omaha. Thanks for reading and, please, any advice on dyeing those cushions would be much appreciated.
-Robin
Attached Thumbnails
burro1st night (1).jpg   s.jpg  

Robin A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:25 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV Robin. Had to laugh a bit to your question about dyeing fabric. First thing that came to my mind was tie dyed....does that date me or what
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote