Hello again. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #15

Name: John
Trailer: 2006 Bigfoot 25RQ
Florida
That's what I was thinking. I'll probably just build apps to extend some of the products I'm planning on developing. I'm not a TV person so it'll be one of my evening and rainy day hobbies. More beer, wine, scotch and margarita money would be a big bonus!

-John

Old 11-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #16

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
You sound like you would enjoy reading "International Living" magazine. Although the publishers use the magazine (as well as their free, daily email 'postcards') as a springboard to sell you more services, it is fun to glean some of their tidbits and read the tales of people who have 'retired' early and moved to places like Costa Rica and Ecuador. Some of these people are living comfortably on $1200 to $1500 per month. Many find themselves noticing opportunities and starting businesses in their new homes, yet maintaining a more relaxed, laid-back lifestyle. I find their stuff 'food for thought'.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #17

Name: Julie
Trailer: Future Casita Owner
North Central Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fazio View Post
Hello!

The Future
We figure retirement is not a viable option for our generation, well not in the traditional sense, so we want to take a few years to enjoy what we can. Our goal is to be on the road in a year and to never stop but it will become what it's supposed to. We're saving for at least 3-5 years but it would be nice to start with some kind of income.

That's it. At some point we'll be starting a website to chronicle our adventures, mishaps, epiphanies and stupidities. I'm sure we'll need to lean on you all for advice, guidance and solutions to whatever our gigantic, more like Ostrich, Egg and travels may bring.

-John
John this is EGGSCITING! Somehow you need to let us all know when that website/blog is up and running. I definitely want to follow it. I'm all for living the dream. And the sooner the better.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #18

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee
You sound like you would enjoy reading "International Living" magazine. Although the publishers use the magazine (as well as their free, daily email 'postcards') as a springboard to sell you more services, it is fun to glean some of their tidbits and read the tales of people who have 'retired' early and moved to places like Costa Rica and Ecuador. Some of these people are living comfortably on $1200 to $1500 per month. Many find themselves noticing opportunities and starting businesses in their new homes, yet maintaining a more relaxed, laid-back lifestyle. I find their stuff 'food for thought'.
Thanks Mike. I'll check it out. We have joked in the past that our dream job would be running a Kayak excursion business in the Caribbean. That's now second place to running a business out of our camper but who knows.

-John
Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #19

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jool

John this is EGGSCITING! Somehow you need to let us all know when that website/blog is up and running. I definitely want to follow it. I'm all for living the dream. And the sooner the better.
Hey Jool. We'll post it once I get around to building one. Keep posting on yours too!

-John