Hello all - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #1

Name: Kenny
Trailer: Travco
Connecticut
Hello all

I am hoping I am in the right place. I was trying to find a forum to share my restoration as well as get input on fiberglass repair however my unit is not a trailer, it's a molded fiberglass motorhome. It is a Travco 220. I actually have 3 of them.Gonna start a thread on it but wanted to introduce myself first.
Kenny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hi, Kenny. Welcome to FiberglassRV.com. You've found a great source for advice about fiberglass repair. (There are probably topics in the Problem Solving and Modifications forums - maybe even some in the "Care and Feeding" forum... and of course, you can ask your own questions.)

FWIW, we usually put threads about RVs that are outside the focus of the site (molded glass travel trailers) in our General Chat section, but if your renovation is all about the box and not about the engine, drive train, etc., it might be appropriate for our Modifications forum. (Not sure.)

Either way, we're glad you're here!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:26 AM   #3

Connecticut
Thanks. Yeah right now my focus is on the fiberglass repair. I dont want to continue on The rest of the unit until I know the repairs are satisfactory.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #4

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I believe there is a website specifically for Travco motor homes. You should be able to google it.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #5

Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
I believe there is a website specifically for Travco motor homes. You should be able to google it.
The one is pretty much defunct and the other has very little information and the forum is ancient.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #6

Name: joanne
Trailer: 1969 Dodge Travco & 1970 Dodge Travco
New Jersey
Hi Kenny, My name is Jo, did you find any helpful information in the forum? I have a 1969 dodge travco and have owned it for 15 years. I am in the process of finding a place to fix the major portions of missing fiberglass. Do you think that an RV/Boatyard would do that kind of restoration? What are you doing with your vehicle? My goal is to shore up all the weak points/leaks and all the areas that are filled with pieces of metal that are now glued to the fiberglass holes for spaces such as generator, bathroom vent etc.
vtjoanne is offline   Reply With Quote