Hello all new scamp owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #1

Name: Kat
Trailer: 13' scamp
Minnesota
Hello all new scamp owner

I'm so excited to find this forum !!!! I just bought a 80 13 ' Scamp and ordered a hitch for my Honda odessey mini van. First trip to be in 2 weeks Phillips ,Wi - longjohns rv park : ) Have the power and water hooked up to my house but it seems the fridge is not working and I wish I had a microwave . Need to try to remove the hundreds of stickum hooks PO glued everywhere lol . I also need ideas on how to freshen up the walls / ceiling - seam tape was replaced with duct tape falling off and lizzard skin dingy .

Love to hear any advice !

Kat
Screaminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome. There is a ton of information here and you can find answers to your questions with the Google search tool, as shown below.
Attached Thumbnails
Search box.JPG  
Old 07-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #3

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Post some pictures this helps with the feedback for fixing those little (and big) issues.
Welcome to the trail earring world.
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #4

Minnesota
These are a few pictures of areas I would like to clean up . Can I paint the ?? Elephant skin ???

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-883913780.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	62441
Old 07-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminge View Post
These are a few pictures of areas I would like to clean up . Can I paint the ?? Elephant skin ???
Did I mention that we have a great search function?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...ensolite&sa=Go
Old 07-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #6

Minnesota
Thank you Thomas I didn't know the name of the wall liner and my searches didn't turn out as well as yours : )
Old 07-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Kat, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here.

You're going to find lots of kind and helpful folks here on the forum more than willing to share info.

I'd suggest, if you have specific problems, to go to the Problem Solving forum and post one question per thread. That helps us in the future with Search and it will help you because the threads don't get all tangled up with multiple answers for multiple problems.

As far as the refrigerator... your trailer and specifically the refrigerator needs to be as perfectly level as you can get it. A 33 year old refrigerator will appreciate it. AND, remember it can take HOURS to cool down. I'd suggest getting an indoor/outdoor thermometer and put the outdoor lead in the refrigerator. That way you can monitor the temperature without opening the door. I picked up the AAA battery operated thermometer I use at WalMart for less than $10, good money spent.

Best of luck!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #8

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome to the Forum Kat.
Glad to have you aboard.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #9

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Hi Kat. Welcome and like Donna said there are lots of helpful folks here to help you. I too thought my Fridge just didn't work and wasn't surprised since it was 36 years old. I wasn't able to get the trailer perfectly level when I was checking it out. But when I camped, I was able to level it using pieces of wood under one tire. I started up the fridge and it worked like a charm for the 5 days I was there. Try that. There are some threads here where folks weren't as lucky and just couldn't get theirs to run. So they recommend pulling out the fridge and turning it upside down for several days. Regarding painting the ensolite, yes you can paint it, but there are some product recommendations for cleanning it with excellent results. You can order the seam tape from Scamp but the sticky stuff doesn't adhere well, and reaquires extra glue or adhesive. Many just fill the gaps with caulking and texture the caulk before it dries. I've been working on mine for about 10 months and its been a labor of love. I decied to prioritize my fixit list, and addressed all safety concerns first and then took care of convenience and cosmetic items after. The most important thing is to use it. So while the weather is good, get out there and use and enjoy it.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote