Hello Everyone - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #1

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Weekend Warrior
California
Hello Everyone

Hope you don't mind someone joining with a large trailer. Needing to take care of the Family Hauler and I figured this would be a great place to get some advice on that.

Chuck
Terrain Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
As mentioned in the name, we are mostly molded fiberglass trailer owners which, by nature, are mostly on the smaller (aka "Smart") side.

If by "Hauler", you mean your tow vehicle, few hereabouts have/need the heavier TV's (as we call them) that are needed for pulling larger conventional construction trailers.

Everyone is welcome, but I am suggesting that there may be other sites more attuned to your specific needs.

Maybe if you tell us what your Weekend Warrior is, and how big it is, we can provide additional resources for you.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #3

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Weekend Warrior
California
Hmmm... Not quite sure how to take the 'smart' comment. To me, Smart was getting a trailer that would keep the wife and our 4 kids interested in the outdoors and create some great memories. Teaching my kids to respect the land, Fish, Share with others, etc.

My reason for joining this forum was I felt there was a lot more pride with the people here and I've had enough of the others forums and the attitudes that some have.

Out trailer has fiberglass sides and I figured this would be a great place to learn how to properly take care of it since the name of the site is 'fiberglassrv.com'. Appliances are Appliances. Most maintenance will be very similar.

I have no desire to debate 'size' with anyone. From the little threads I've read here I was looking to join those like minded that enjoy the outdoors. Nothing more, nothing less. If I can contribute and help someone out, Great!
Terrain Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:22 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Welcome Chuck. A good friend of mine has a weekend warrior that he puts his heavily modified Jeep JK 2 door Rubicon in. I used to go that route after getting tired of pulling our 13' Scamp with our Wrangler, but have sold both and have come about full circle and am now back to pulling another 13' Scamp with a newer Wrangler.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #5

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Welcome Chuck. There are a bunch of great eggs on this site. You will be welcomed no matter what you camp in. Grab a glass of kool-aid and join in the discussions.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #6

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Welcome to the forums Chuck. You will find all different size towable here from the smaller 13 footers up to the larger 20+ foot sizes. Just like all barrels have bungholes, all people have opinions about what is best. Some like no frills and simple, some like all the toys and the ability to take them with you. I'd say that everybody here is pretty "brand loyal." If you have questions feel free to ask, if you have comments feel free to express them. Don't expect everyone to agree, just take what info is useful to you and leave the rest behind.

I read most all the posts daily. Thru the years I've learned a lot. If I've contributed something that was useful to someone, even better. Other than that, Jimmy Buffett said it best "breathe in, breathe out, move on."
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #7

Name: Carol
Trailer: Scamp / 1949 Hudson
Florida
New members

Hope I'm doing this right...We purchased a used 1999 Scamp 13' camper a few months ago...hope to spend a few days at the meet in Sebring, FL and meet fellow Scampers.

Downsized to the 13' Scamp because we wanted a small lightweight camper to tow behind our 1949 Hudson.

We are both retired and look forward to having alot of fun with it.
CandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #8

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Carole, It is probably a good idea to start your own thread. Just go to the "Hi, I am..." forum:
Hi, I am.... - Fiberglass RV

The click on the "New Thread" button.

But, Welcome to the site. You will find many friendly and informed people here.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #9

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hello to you both, carol and chuck!!

it's a great site....an information hot-bed. people are welcoming and friendly, mostly.
sure, as with all times us ol' humans get together, not everyone is 100% in agreement 100% of the time. but we work it out.
chuck---trying to introduce respect for nature thru camping to your children is a wonderful goal and i applaude you for it. too many times now i see children camping who believe that if there isn't a video game player or tv in the trailer, they aren't going to have fun. when our boys were young, we deliberately left all electronics at home and that is where they learned to play cribbage, whittle around the campfire with penknives, explore in creeks and learned all about bugs, butterflies, worms etc.
they all say now that those days were the best days!
good on ya' for your good intentions.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandJ View Post
Hope I'm doing this right...We purchased a used 1999 Scamp 13' camper a few months ago...hope to spend a few days at the meet in Sebring, FL and meet fellow Scampers.

Downsized to the 13' Scamp because we wanted a small lightweight camper to tow behind our 1949 Hudson.

Zowie - I had a Hudson long long ago (when I was not quite 20.)
Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrain Twister View Post
Out trailer has fiberglass sides and I figured this would be a great place to learn how to properly take care of it since the name of the site is 'fiberglassrv.com'. Appliances are Appliances. Most maintenance will be very similar.
HI! Well, we don't have "Sides" and not "seams" like your build. And yeah, appliances are appliances... the care of your type build is very different than all molded towables. Ours are more like boats.

This site is owned my Social Knowledge. The moderators here are great and keep folks friendly. Soooo.... if you're looking for that kind of community, but more in tune for your trailer's build type... I respectfully suggest you join a forum that will provide you answers, be friendly and ALSO owned by Social Knowledge. iRV2 Forum | - RV Forum Community and RV News Good people there too.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:46 AM   #12

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome Chuck
Old 01-31-2014, 08:50 AM   #13

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandJ View Post

Welcome CandJ, your post may have gone unnoticed with the others on this thread. If you wish, you may start a new thread in order to solicit responses attuned to yourself.