Hello everyone! From Wisconsin - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-10-2017, 05:35 PM   #1

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: currently shopping
Wisconsin
Hello everyone! From Wisconsin

Just joined the site in search of a great valued fiberglass RV that's easy tow able behind my GMC Yukon. I just started looking so I am not looking right away unless the price is right and in my area or close etc. I am also looking for something 16' or less.

Glad to be on the site to meet some fun people and see all your's trailers. Love to get out there and find one.
JeremyS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Call Casita and Scamp; they'll give you local owner names & contacts willing to show their trailers. Check the forum classifieds and Craigslist.

Be ready to move fast with cash in hand for a used one. Most sell in 3 days or less. Mine took all of 23 hours from listing it for sale (at full asking price.)

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:26 AM   #3

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Jeremy,

Welcome! You have come to the right place. Great folks and lots of knowledge here.

Take care,

Dean
Old 02-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #4

Name: D. Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Manitoba
Yes your Yukon would tow a Scamp 16 no problem. By the way there is an 'Egg' Rally at Egg Harbour, Door County, Wisconsin June 9,10, 11.
Jim R.
Jim Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Jim View Post
Yes your Yukon would tow a Scamp 16 no problem. By the way there is an 'Egg' Rally at Egg Harbour, Door County, Wisconsin June 9,10, 11.
Jim R.
Not Egg Harbor; this year we meet at Blackhawk Rec Area near Highland, May31 - June 3
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #6

Wisconsin
Thanks all. Just in the looking process right now. .
Old 02-11-2017, 07:18 PM   #7

Name: Bill
Trailer: Burro 1983 13'
Wisconsin
Hi Jeremy

Welcome to the group.
What part of WI you in?
We are just north of Milwaukee but spend
a lot of time near the Dells area where we
own property. Good luck finding a trailer.
Burro Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #8

Wisconsin
Burro, I'm living i green bay wi right now..
Old 02-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #9

Name: Jeanne
Trailer: In the market
Arizona
Welcome from another Newbie

Hi Jeremy,

I'm Wisconsin born & bred, graduated from Alverno, but have lived in the West for 52 years now. Still get back frequently but I'm not a winter person, so what can I say.

Going to a rally will be just the thing for you. We are newbies, just got our tow vehicle (2012 Nissan Frontier SL 4x4 long bed crew cab) and my husband was dragging his feet on the TT until I dragged him to the rally in Quartzsite, Arizona, this past week. At first he literally wouldn't get out of the car - said it was MY thing. Met the best people there, and by the time they showed me the second Scamp, I was able to coax Bob out of the car. Once he got with the program, he was hooked. "If" became "which one" and "when".

When we started thinking about a fiberglass rig, I did a lot of research and really wanted a Lil Snoozy. We even had plans last fall to visit the factory in South Carolina when we went to Kentucky for a family reunion. Alas, health problems intervened, the trip was cancelled, and I figured I had better settle for a used rig. Like what you can afford beats what you dream about but won't get. Anyway, new research, and without ever setting foot in any fiberglass trailer except the Lil Snoozy (because the owners of one live 90 miles from me), I tended toward a 16 foot Scamp - my non-negotiable requirements are a bathroom and a permanent bed.

The Quartzsite rally is on BLM land, no fees and no hookups. Boondocking, with dump stations and water available in the town of Quartzsite. No defined camping spaces. Co-host Earl described the scene as marshmallows thrown out in the hills (brown hills - this is Arizona desert). It was kind of like a loose flock of a lot of sheep.

After we had seen a number of Scamps and met a lot of nice people, someone suggested we look at an Escape. Made in Canada. I'd never researched them. 2 feet wider than a Scamp and very, very nice.

So we finally broke away from the party (it was happy hour and Ukulele Mark was leading the singing), and went to supper in Quartzsite. My husband was no longer avoiding the subject of a TT. He brought it up!

The next day on our way home, we stopped back at the rally to say goodby again. The Lil Snoozy from Mesa was at the rally but had been closed up the day before. Saturday morning Dave was outside and I brought Bob to meet him. We spent probably an hour with Dave and Paula, really nice folks, and Bob was really impressed with the Snoozy. To sum it up, as we drove into our driveway at home he pointed out how our Snoozy will fit right between the carport and the garden shed.

So I didn't mean to write a book. But I'm sure the people at your rally will bend over backwards to help you find the rig that's meant for you. And when you bring it to Arizona, we'll be happy to show you the sites in our Grand Canyon State.

Jeanne
Attached Images

Jacques in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:16 PM   #10

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Jeanne,

I enjoyed reading the enthusiasm in your post.

Very nice!

Take care,

Dean
Old 02-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #11

Name: James
Trailer: Escape... exScamp 19 both great trailers
Wisconsin
Good Old WI

Isn't it a great country we live in? In less then a week you can go from beautiful Wisconsin to the simply amazing south west and enjoy a change of season and scenery many times on the trip. Saying nothing about all the wonderful local folks you meet on the way.
Linda and I have had many different campers, motor homes, and tents over the years. Right now our little Scamp 19' fifth wheel is buried in snow in the Lakewood area of WI patiently waiting our return from Mexico. We recently dragged our Super Scamp on a 4,000 mile break in run (a new/used purchase) over just about every imaginable kind of road the states could throw at use, from the mountains to the deserts. To say we love it is an understatement. For us the perfect size, the perfect construction, high dry and comfortable. Bring on the adventures.😎
Jm Rintel is offline   Reply With Quote