Hello fellow campers! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #1

Name: Pierre
Trailer: Trillium 1300 (1973)
Quebec
Hello fellow campers!

Hi!
I'm Pierre and i'm from Quebec, I just got my hands on a 1973 Trillium 1300 trailer camper and it will need some love and care( it had a good past life travelling across canada and some time spent in Newfounland from what I've heard and hoping it will enjoy our adventure with my little family for years to come)... Still have to get it home (i'll post some pics when i get my hands on some).

Some, maybe a little more...lol...fiberglass work will be needed to clean it up, brand new electrical 12V and 115V (batteries and maybe 1 solar panel to help maintain charge) and propane system to install because it only has the 2 burner stove and a sink, i'd like to convert the lighting to LED and get a fridge in (not to sure what kind cause im new to this). The window need to be resealed (if cost not to prohibitive maybe looking into retrofit some new windows)....Guess im looking into a total restoration finally..lol. I'm hoping to be able to get it ready for next summer, i got all winter to care for it.

I'd love to have some tips from fellow trillium 1300 owner as for getting parts in canada or even in Quebec, made a few calls but seems no one carry anything for them, and tips concerning the restauration, specially those who did a off the chassis restoration, as well as for their recommandation about anything.

Cant wait to chat with all you fellow campers,

Cheers!

Pierre
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Pierre, to FiberglassRV!!! I don't own a Trillium, so no help from me about that brand. But I just wanted to welcome you to the BEST, most helpful place on the WWW for all molded towables!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #3

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
bienvenue, pierre!
ours in a new version of the classic, so i cannot assist you either. but i just wanted to offer you a welcome.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #4

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Welcome Pierre
I have a 1975 Trillium 1300 and have purchased some new tail lights from Paul Neumeister Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister...He has a little shop in I believe Ontario....Pretty sure he has some other parts for Trilliums too.

Before you change up your jealouse windows you might want to thing about a few things.....Because they are louver style you can leave them open when it rains (no rain comes inside the trailer) also they are nice security wise because you can leave them open for ventilation and no one will be able to crawl in the window (too small a space)....The windows are one of my favourite thing about my trailer! If you do decide to change them I'm sure there are fellow members who would be more than happy to take them off your hands

Have fun with your "new" trailer!
Emily
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hey, Pierre,

Congrats on the Trillium - I have a '74 1300 I just got this summer. There are some parts available from the U.S. manufacturer of the 'new' Trillium - here's a link...
Parts | Trillium RV

Re the LED lights - for the tail lights, a poster here has spotted a submersible LED taillight on sale at Princess Auto - the LED component itself can apparently be used in the original Trillium lights...again, a link...
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...2-a-52356.html

Finally, the jalosie windows, as Emily points out, are a great feature of the earlier Trilliums- lots of ventilation, which is key in these small trailers, and you can leave them open in the rain. If there are leaks, it's reportedly not a major job to remove the window and reinstall it, using butyl tape and stainless steel screws - I'll hopefully be doing mine this fall and winter, although there are no leaks at present. Lots of info on how to do it here (BTW - in using the Seacrh function, I go right to the bottom box - the Google Custom Search one - it gives much more specific results.)

Finally, when you get yours on the go next summer, you should bring it home to Newfoundland for a visit - Gros Morne National Park, Terra Nova National Park, some excellent provincial parks - not to mention over 10,000 kms. of spectacular coastline! This island of ours is truly one of the Last, Best Places...
Richard Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #6

Name: Pierre
Trailer: Trillium 1300 (1973)
Quebec
thank you all for answering,

I finally got my pics uploaded...they were taken the day i bought it so the camper aint at his best clean wise...

I will probably then just restore the old windows since your comments make great sense plus it will keep its classic/oem look.

As for Richard, i've already been to NFL twice before and loved it. I had the chance to experienced both of the ferry crossing (Argentia and Port aux basques) plus i had the pleasure to drive the upper coast between both locations. I loved st-johns too. Real nice and hospitable people in NFL, reminding me a bit where i grew up (gaspé peninsula). Almost forgot, you'll probably enjoy the actual look of the camper, you'll understand when you see it.

I hope to hear some more from all you guys.

Thanks

Pierre

Pictures:http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/pafromqc/
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #7

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Welcome Pierre family! Wishing you the best with your restorations and many happy camping days ahead! This is a wonderful website because it is made up of the nicest people you will ever find!
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #8

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I'd love to have some tips from fellow trillium 1300 owner as for getting parts in canada or even in Quebec, made a few calls but seems no one carry anything for them
Welcome Pierre,

The first tip is that many parts are not unique to the Trillium as they would be on a car. A water fill or electrical hatch could have been used on a few hundred different trailers. Your windows were made by Hehr, fridge by Dometic and so on.
You just have to learn to ask what you are looking for a little differently.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote