Hello, Finally got my 13' Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2011, 03:19 AM   #1

Name: Howard
Trailer: 1986 13' Burro
Arizona
Hello, Finally got my 13' Burro

Well have been a member for a few months but didn't have my trailer. I bought it from someone in Texas a couple of months ago who was in the process of re-modeling it. Well, my daughter and her husband brought it with them from Texas to Arizona (where I live) This past thanksgiving so finally have possesion of it. Want to start on it now but have to finish up another project first. So,,just cleaning it up and seeing what needs to be done. Looks like most of the work PO did will unfortunetly have to come back out. He did a nice job but boxed in the storage areas with 3/4" wood which decreased the openings WAY to much. Oh well, will keep me busy
Ralefan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Good for you Howard Now you can change your profile trailer type! Please post pictures as you make the changes that work best for you. We love pics!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #3

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
RF46, I have about a 5 month head start on you, having bought my 13 foot '83 Burro back in June. Mine didn't have much going on in the interior, the PO having spent more time on making a whole new floor and getting that sealed. My immediate need (ie before the weather gets too nasty) is to make sure the windows are all weather tight (will probably have to replace the front glass) and perhaps install the FanTastic unit the PO purchased but never got around to installing. The current roof vent is weather tight (just a diagonal crack across the top that has been sealed off well) so I may leave even that part of the project for Spring. I think my floor and/or carpet treatment can wait until Spring, and of course sewing curtains can be done any time along in here. I've got some reconnections to make in the wiring, but that should be pretty simple to do first thing in the Spring, too. The big expenses will be replacing the fresh water storage tank and the 'fridge. I may leave the latter until much later and just continue to use a cooler, but I really want to do something about the water so I can use my sink! Let's stay in touch!

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: Tiffin allegro
Connecticut
am I welcome

Hi,
I went to your group via link about led lights. I was really great - - -I registered not realizing our fiberglass sided MH was not quite what you guys have in mind.
Here's hoping I can check in once in awhile....... yes, I'll read more carefully

Tim fm CT
RTimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTimothy View Post
I registered not realizing our fiberglass sided MH was not quite what you guys have in mind.
Here's hoping I can check in once in awhile....... yes, I'll read more carefully

Tim fm CT
Hi Tim. Yes, this site is focused on molded lightweight fiberglass towables, but we like to read about great camping places and touch bases with good people. So, while your MH might not fit the focus, I'm sure you'll find lots of kind people here. If you have questions regarding your rig, I (we) can give you other sites that would be more helpful.

Safe travels
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #6

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTimothy View Post
Hi,
I went to your group via link about led lights. I was really great - - -I registered not realizing our fiberglass sided MH was not quite what you guys have in mind.

Tim fm CT
+1 to what Donna D said, Tim. Also some of us are more "ecumenical" than others, since we share some of the same challenges and solutions with our rigs. Anyway, welcome aboard!

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro