Hello from easten South Dakota. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-11-2018, 07:28 PM   #15

Name: Ryan
Trailer: Currently Shopping
South Dakota
You bet I will measure it out when i get a chance. I originally wanted a Spirit 17' but when you cut a foot off I definitely like the Liberty setup more. My neighbor has a 16 spirit and they like my setup a little more because of the bed options. Their bed seems tiny.

8lgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:53 AM   #16

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
New o You Trailer!

Congratulations! Looks super!

Kathleen & Paul
(KiS)

Old 05-14-2018, 06:26 AM   #17

Name: Ryan
Trailer: Currently Shopping
South Dakota
Can someone help me out with the size, bolt pattern and a good brand i should be looking for on a new set of 14" tires. Also the spare seems tight to the bumper so if i upsize will i need a different setup to carry a spare?
8lgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #18

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
I do not know how the Casitas are set up but you can measure the hole spacing and count the number of wheel studs. If you’re going to run 205 width tires you’ll want a 6 inch wheel and on many trailers a 5 on 4 1/2 is the stud count and spacing on the studs . The carrier modification or not Probably depends on how much thread you have on the carrier that sticks out after the nut is tightened down on the current spare setup.
If you’re gonna keep this rig and run it considerable miles each year, my opinion would be to buy top level tires. The goal is to wear them out about the same time they age out. The rule of thumb or opinion of many posters is about 6 years to age out and the wear bars on the tires usually indicate replacement when 3/32 inches of tread remains if even wear has occurred. Many folks are getting 40,000 miles out of their tires. Proper inflation, alignment and balance are the best conditions to achieve even wear in my opinion. YMMV as Donna says.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #19

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
8lgd, Ryan

Paul's solution was to take our spare trailer tire to a tire store he trusted, a chain that has stores all over the place.

He told them exactly what he was going to do with the tires, how much weight they were going to have to carry, etc. They put it in their system and gave him three tire suggestions, cheap, moderate, and pricey, all of which would handle what we needed. He chose the moderate ones and had them mounted right there.

It was that simple. Just in case you might consider such a method on this issue.

Two years and a few thousand miles later, tires seem to be going along just fine. (We bought all 3...) We covered them in the winter, and Paul seldom tows Peanut above 60 mph.

BEST
Kai