HELLO from GOSHEN, NY! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #29

Name: Scamp 13'
Trailer: Scamp 13' Searcher
New York
Thank you Alan I truly appreciate the help. I've relegated myself to the Scamp 13' because from what I've read I wouldn't feel comfortable towing anything else with a 4 cylinder Subaru.
I like the Casita very much, they're just too heavy for me.
Thank you, I will keep an open mind however.
Greg

Old 09-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #30

New York
Rosemary,
Thank you for that. I'm only about 2 hrs away & I would love to attend but that is my big sale weekend I've been working towards for the last three months now. I'm selling pretty much everything I own & the proceeds will go into my 'Scamp Fund'. What a shame because I would love to attend. Thank you so much for sending me the info.
Greg

Old 09-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #31

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Someone just posted a 13ft scamp not to far away from you in Wochester mass craigslist.....check here in the classfieds /referral section
Old 09-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #32

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Hethis This is really quite close to you...it is on the Fiberglass rv for sale site

1973 Playpac Fiberglass Camper - $1500 - Watertown, NY

No replies

Mon, 09/09/2013 - 14:04

RV4sale-admin

1973 PLAYPAC FIBERGLASS CAMPER, KING SIZE BED, BATHROOM WITH PORTI-POTTY, SINK,FRIDGE, STOVE, I HAVE THE HEATER FOR IT (NOT INSTALLED AT THIS TIME), VERY LIGHTWEIGHT, ONLY WEIGHS AROUND 1000 LBS, THEY ONLY PRODUCED 75 OF THESE AND THERE IS ONLY 10-12 LEFT AROUND,NICE SHAPE.

$1500.00 CALL

Click Here for Seller Contact Info

Old 09-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #33

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Someone just posted a 13ft scamp not to far away from you in Wochester mass craigslist.....check here in the classfieds /referral section
Thank you Alan, that is very very nice of you to think of me. As I'm early in the process & yet to have my Moving Sale, etc., I really need to give myself more time to accrue as much money as I possibly can in order to get as close to new, if not a new Scamp 13' withe shower as I am disabled & for me that is more of a necessity than a luxury unfortunately.
I'm in a very difficult situation as you can imagine being on disability & with foreclosure coming down, but I am going to hold tight as long as I can to put myself in the best position possible to then purchase an RV I am happy with from the beginning. If it means living out of my car in order to save money to get to that point, then I am more than willing to do whatever it takes to get to that place. That place being a 'new' comfortable Scamp with AC, Furnace, Toilet/Shower, TV, my Tempur-Pedic bed topper on top of the cushions, a nice quasi permanent park with electric, water, Wi-Fi, Cable, & nice people...with laundry facilities in a pretty & safe area. Sounds like Nirvana right? I'm going for it. I've been leading a horrific life for too long. Quiet peaceful living in a nice spot is what I'm looking for. However, I really need to hold out for the RV I need, especially being disabled. I just physically can't do a fixer-upper. I need something much closer to turn key.
But I do thank you for thinking of me. I'm still in the stage where I really want a new one & like I mentioned. I'm willing to 'live' out of my car with my things in storage until I can afford one. I really need new.
Thanks again,
Greg
Old 09-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #34

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2007 Toyota Tundra/2015 Tundra
Montana
Registry
Greg:

The life in a camper in one spot isn't all as money saving as it seems or easy.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #35

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
Greg:

The life in a camper in one spot isn't all as money saving as it seems or easy.
I'm sure it's not a utopia at all. I will at least have flexibility to spend time in less expensive areas when need be. And it's gotta be better than constant destitution in a house I can't maintain at all, especially with my medical costs.
I plan on being as flexible as possible.
Thanks for your interest, I really appreciate that.
Greg