Hello from Kansas City - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #1

Name: Doug
Trailer: Hunter
Missouri
Hello from Kansas City

Hi,

My lovely girlfriend and I are the proud new owners of the 1971 Hunter Compact Jr. that was posted on here in January. We are thrilled to start our RV adventures as soon as it warms up a little.

In the mean time, I'm getting all the "honey-do's" taken care of on the trailer...so, expect more questions in the near future.

First off, does anyone have a clue where I can find the original msrp for a '71 Compact Jr.? My insurance agent needs to know.

Thanks in advance,

Doug
luptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:36 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Welcome to the site Doug, it's great to have you here. Not sure where you might find that info., but maybe someone will chime in that can point you in a direction.

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #3

Name: Andy
Trailer: Casita PD
Maryland
Hey Doug, I am not an insurance person but heck, I would think the insurance company would want to know what its value is NOW (like what you paid for it!! and similar others). I don't see why the value >30 years ago is important. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
AndylikesOTMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:40 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Do you need documentation, or just a number? The former is likely next to impossible... you might look on the title- some states, like AZ, include it there. But if all they need is a number, that's easy- give them one. My parents paid $2K for a largish tent trailer, brand new, in 1971, so I'd guess the Compact Jr., being hard-sided, might have been a bit more, say $2250.

The more important issue to discuss with your agent is how they will calculate its current value in the event of a partial or total loss. Not all RV policies are created equal, and some aren't worth the paper they're printed on, especially for vintage fiberglass trailers.

There are quite a few threads on the subject of insurance in the "Money Matters" section. You could check a few out before talking to your agent.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #5

Name: Rich
Trailer: 1970 Trails West Campster and 2012 Lil Snoozy
Kansas
Registry
Any pictures?
We had a1970's Compact Jr and never could find an original price.
They are neat trailers.
Rich and Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:28 PM   #6

Name: Stan
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #63
Virginia
Doug, Welcome to the forum, we are in the area, Tonganoxie to be exact. Hoping to take our first trip with the new Ollie next month.

Stan
Stan and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:02 PM   #7

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome to the forum Doug