Hello from NC - Introduction - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hello from NC - Introduction

Good Morning All,

New members here, making an introduction (well delurking at least). DH and I have decided that the Casita Independence will be the right model for us. We currently have a T@G and we anticipate ordering the Independence in the next 6 months. We are aware of the delivery timeline (6 months+) and are OK with it in the grand scheme of our plans.

We attended Eggshells at the Outerbanks this year as "Little Guy" customers (T@G) and seeing all the "Eggs", confirmed for ourselves that the Independence is the right next RV for us. We toyed with the idea of full-timing in a Class A...but that is just not our style. While they are bright and shiny and spacious, we just can't envision traveling down the road in an "apartment" hehe. We love our little T@G, nicknamed Mercury, but the need for a wet bath is becoming really evident :-)

We met some lovely people at the rally, who graciously gave tours of their Casitas and Scamps and the sense of community also reassured us that a Casita and the community built up around them is the right thing for us.

It is a pleasure to "meet" you all and I can see from reading the forum, you all are very generous with your time and experience. We look forward to joining you all on the road soon.

Jane and Paul (aka Millie online)

P.S> Just realized, I posted this on the Sticky Thread - sorry, reposting here so it is seen
MillieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Millie!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #3

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Welcome, Jane and Paul! It looks as if you have found the trailer for you and found the forum so you are in good shape.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
You did it right! Go to a rally, tour a lot of trailers, and pick the one that works for YOU.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:00 PM   #5

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Did we see you at OBX? We have the 2015 Casita Independence that was on the ocean side - Cozy-Casa. You can see some more trailers at a smaller gathering in VA at Hungry Mother State Park with Walt - he just got a NEW 2017 Escape 17' you may like. We will be there late Friday 10/27 and leaving 10/29
Old 10-16-2017, 09:28 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
welcome

welcome Millie

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
You did it right! Go to a rally, tour a lot of trailers, and pick the one that works for YOU.
You are so right. We thought we wanted a Spirit, but when we saw the Independence we knew the twin beds would be the best configuration for us.

I've read on the forum, that Casita has switched from the two small tables in the Independence to a single more "medium" size table which will be perfect for us.

Our thought process in deciding on the Independence was..."what is the most important feature for us?" we both agreed that a good nights sleep is the most important thing, and that as far as having a "dinette"...not as important. Quite often when we travel we eat out anyway and we'll almost always have a picnic table, if not that, then we have a great fold-up aluminum table that we travel with. The 4.5 hr drive home from Hatteras gave us a lot of time to talk about what we had seen and what we needed.

I am beyond eager to order our trailer, but we'll wait just a bit...I'm curious though, is there a better time of year to place our order? Is winter a little "slower" at the factory, fewer orders coming in, or are they equally busy all 12 months of the year?
Old 10-17-2017, 07:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
Did we see you at OBX? We have the 2015 Casita Independence that was on the ocean side - Cozy-Casa. You can see some more trailers at a smaller gathering in VA at Hungry Mother State Park with Walt - he just got a NEW 2017 Escape 17' you may like. We will be there late Friday 10/27 and leaving 10/29
Hi Bryan, no I don't think we got a chance to visit...even though we live in NC, the heat of that weekend really took it out of us and we didn't get around to touring Casitas until late in the day on Sunday.

Don't know as we'll be able to make the rally in VA, sadly, we're about 3.5 hrs away from there and we have been on the go almost every weekend this month. Not yet retired, our weekends are sometimes saved for house projects - dang! Thanks for the info though, we are trying to keep our eyes open for Casita rallies that we can get to.

Thanks too for the welcome, we sure did meet some nice folks at Eggshells at the OBX and that helped confirmed for us that a Casita is the right path for us.

Millie (Jane)
Old 10-17-2017, 07:56 AM   #9

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. Happy to be part of this group...if only in spirit at this time...our day is coming :-)
Old 10-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #10

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
lazy

millie we are lazy we are constantly on the move motel on wheels. we leave our bed permantely setup. Bed on one end futon on the other.

works for us

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:57 AM   #11

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Hi Millie
Sorry I wasn't able to attend the OBX rally and get to meet you.
Too bad you can't make it to our mini rally at Hungry Mother. You'd get to see some more trailers and enjoy a beautiful part of the mountains. I expect we'll get to meet up sometime.

Walt
Old 10-17-2017, 10:11 AM   #12

Name: John
Trailer: Winnebago sold, waiting on Escape 19
Virginia
Welcome to the group Millie and good luck on your future Casita purchase. We were there at the Eggshells gathering too, over on the ocean side. We had the Escape 19 nestled between two of the teardrop folks.

Bsedwebt / Cozy-Casa, were you the folks with the Coke themed egg with the white and red striped awnings? If so, we liked your decor! So you just got an Escape 17 and you're in central VA? Maybe we can connect at an Egg gathering sometime.

John and Jeannie.
John Pendergraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #13

Name: Leslie
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Welcome. I was a T@G owner and decided to upgrade to an egg about a year ago. Also from NC. Welcome.
Leslie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #14

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Welcome and happy FGRV travels in your future.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #15

Name: Ann
Trailer: 2016 Casita Independence
North Carolina
Hi, I was also at the OBX rally with my "new to me" Casita. I bought the 2016 Casita, used and I'm getting used to the trailer...called Fair Lady. It was a wonderful rally even though I live at the OBX in Manteo...not too far to tow last weekend. My Casita is an Independence and I admit to still trying to get it organized...former owner of 3 Airstreams with lots of storage. This is a great lesson in consolidation! Good luck on getting your new trailer, just in time for the camping season next year.
Ann in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #16

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Bsedwebt / Cozy-Casa, were you the folks with the Coke themed egg with the white and red striped awnings? If so, we liked your decor! So you just got an Escape 17 and you're in central VA? Maybe we can connect at an Egg gathering sometime.

John and Jeannie.[/QUOTE]

Cozy-Casa = That is us. Thank you very much! We won best campsite for fiberglass at that rally by popular vote. Very fun! We hope to see you out there camping. We go to quite a few rallies and make some close by weekend trips to VA and surrounding states. We did not get the new 17' Escape - that is Walt - he is the Hungry Mother host. I was advising the new Casita purchaser there will be other fiberglass models to see close by that they have not seen and this is one they may be interested in. I do not want to discourage a Casita - we LOVE ours but I do encourage everyone to explore as many options as they can. I did not buy the first one out there but after many hours of research I felt like this was right for us.