Hello from new members from SC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #1

Name: Gary
Trailer: Scamp
South Carolina
Hello from new members from SC

Hello everyone,
I do enjoy this forum, have been reading it for some time now and thought I would finally join so I could receive and offer information as owners of a new 2014 13' Scamp that we bought in March of 2014.

In June of 2014, after only using this camper twice we left for Alaska, Man what a trip. Anyhow I hope to become a contributor to this forum and also pick up much appreciated information from those more experienced.

My wife, 2 chihuahua's & 2 Guinea pigs all went to Alaska & Back in our camper in 72 days, 12,500 miles in our 13' egg. This is one of the items on my bucket list, I am now 70 years old.

I look forward to being a contributor and receiver of this forum.
Garylee
Garylee in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:28 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Sounds like an amazing trip! We'd love to see pictures!

Welcome to FGRV!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:21 PM   #3

South Carolina
Hello from new member

Jon,
Thanks for the welcome, I would love to post information on our Alaska trip a little at a time and submit photos, I am not sure if the photos can be or need to be posted here on this forum or do I post a link to them at a Photobucket site I have? Please advise as to what is permitted or desired on this post.

Garylee
Attached Thumbnails
P1020280.jpg  
Old 09-13-2015, 08:45 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Any of the above. You can post a few in a thread. You can also create an album on this site, or you can link to your Photobucket. If you post here and the pictures were taken with a high resolution camera, it's recommended to resize them to conserve server storage (it's also kinder to those of us with slower internet connections).

If it were me I'd post a couple here as an introduction. Then if you want to share more details about your trip you can start a thread in the "Trip Report" section and include a few more with a link to your Photobucket.

Lots of folks travel with pets, but this is the first report of guinea pigs I've seen!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:54 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Thanks for joining Garylee

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:20 PM   #6

South Carolina
Jon,
Thank you for the advise on posting, I will do as you recommended and post a few as introduction and investigate also a album on this forum as you suggested. ?I have to figure that out but will announce when I have started to post. ? There will be some advise also about our trip, we did have some problems and wish for all information to be taken as just that, good information to consider. ?

I need to find time on how to do everything I wisht to do here, need to complete my profile but I am boring so don't look for much there. Thanks for the Welcom 1ATony.
Garylee
Old 09-14-2015, 07:36 PM   #7

Name: Jerry
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
South Carolina
Garylee, you are a better man than I. We bought a 17 Casita from factory in March 2015 and immediately left for a 10,000 mile through the SW and return to Charleston. We were in AZ before some kind folks here helped me figure out a electrical problem. I was feeling pretty proud until I read your post even w/o 2 dogs and g. pig!
Thanks for sharing...
Jerrymcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #8

Name: Carrie
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
We're doing that trip next summer (minus the pigs and chihuahuas and plus 2 boys). We're hoping to do it in a yet-to-be acquired 13' egg- would love any tips and lessons learned. I can't wait!
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #9

South Carolina
CarrieR,
I would love to give you tips on your trip, some you may not want to hear but some of importance for sure for you to consider. I will start very soon mentioning this on a different thread, one that you can print out I hope as that is one heck, I mean one heck of a trip you will never forget. I just have to figure out, or if anyone has a recommendation where I should post this information on this forum.

Jerrymcs, thanks for the kind words but I assure you I am no better man than you. My wife infact SAVED my life on this trip which means I am indebted to her with more love each year even after 32 years. I choked on a big piece of Chicken from our stir fry and nearly lost my life. She did something without any training whatsoever and gave me the heimlich maneuver and saved my life. anyhow I will give you details you need to consider when traveling to Alaska, preparations to make and not make. I look forward to this task.
Garylee
Old 09-15-2015, 08:48 AM   #10

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
sweet
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:04 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylee in SC View Post
Jon,
Thank you for the advise on posting, I will do as you recommended and post a few as introduction and investigate also a album on this forum as you suggested. ?I have to figure that out but will announce when I have started to post. ? There will be some advise also about our trip, we did have some problems and wish for all information to be taken as just that, good information to consider. ?

I need to find time on how to do everything I wisht to do here, need to complete my profile but I am boring so don't look for much there. Thanks for the Welcom 1ATony.
Garylee
You're welcome. We camp with a Beagle, but no rodents..lol Have fun with your camper

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote