Hello from San Diego, new Trillium 4500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #1

Name: Kyle
Trailer: Trillium
California
Registry
Hello from San Diego, new Trillium 4500

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking on this website for about a year waiting for the right trailer to become available, and finally was able to get at 1978 Trillium 4500 this past weekend. It is my first trailer having moved from hiking and tents to a more comfortable sleeping arrangement. The trailer seems to have good bones, and I will slowly renovate piece by piece. I have two small boys, so camping and renovating will probably be going hand in hand. There are two things I need to address right away that I'd like some advice. First, there is no dinette table at all. Not sure how the space was used by owner, but I will need to make a new table and fasteners. Is there a diagram, or link to how this is supposed to look/work? I guess I can figure it out, but a cheat sheet would be great. Second, two cushions are missing. One is a dinette backing cushion, and the other is the bottom cushion of the bunk bed. Does anyone have these cushions for sale?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Kyle
kylesoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Kyle, congratulations on your new to you travel trailer. A previous owner probably converted the table/bed into a permanent bed and discarded the table. You should be able to reproduce one from pictures or just purchase a small table that can be used indoors or outdoors.
Happy Trails making memories with your children.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:35 AM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
The pedestal can be found at any RV dealer or online. The table top is 3/4" veneer plywood and fits to complete the bed when the pedestal is separated. While you could screw the base to the floor I chose not to. The fewer holes through the fiberglass the better.

Look on the left side of the page to find a link to the document center. There you will find Trillium brochures. At the top of the page you will find the search feature. Use the Google search in the drop down menu. Welcome to the Trillium club. Raz
Attached Thumbnails
_20171113_052849.JPG  
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:58 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Kyle, and congratulations on the new Trillium 4500! I confess I'm a little envious of the all-around jalousie windows and larger bed compared to our Scamp 13...

Speaking of which, because the bed and table is so large in the 4500, I'd be inclined to make the dinette a U-shaped set-up with a permanent seat across the back center, with storage under. Then you could make a smaller and more manageable pedestal table to fit the front similar to Raz's.

Cushions... You may have to do some sewing to get what you need, unless you get very lucky and find someone who is upgrading. Box cushions aren't too hard to make.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
hello

howdy from mo. you will enjoy your new trailer

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #6

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
Trillium

Kyle, welcome. Would love to see some pics of your new Trillium.

Mark
Old 11-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #7

Name: Jan
Trailer: Scamp - restored Aug. 2017
California
Welcome from San Diego Scamp owner

Hi Kyle, congrats with your Trillium!!

I bought a 1982 Scamp 13ft a year ago August just finished up with getting her back into shape; been a labor of love including new flooring, all new cushions that I made, some welding and replacing rivets, etc.

Mine has the original bracket for the dinning table, which can be purchased from Scamp Company.

Would like to show-off a little and invite you to come and check out my Scamp since we both are San Diegians !!

My next project is finding the upper cabinets above for the front and rear of my Scamp.
Attached Thumbnails
E2C68580-8E6B-46DD-A7C0-DEDDBFF43E9C.jpg   90896EF7-C55A-4F0C-9C80-3894CAA1551C.jpg  

Jan C J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #8

Name: Kyle
Trailer: Trillium
California
Registry
thank you everyone for your help and advice. I forgot about the document center, and found the table instructions uploaded by David Tilston! Exactly what I was looking for, so now I have an idea of how I might want to do this.

Thanks again. Pics to follow soon.

Kyle
kylesoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium