hello from spain - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
David
Your post made me think of a long term possibility that might be an outcome of this or a similar thread.
I'm thinking we might form some cross-pond friendships that might lead to swapping/sharing/renting trailers to facilitate some mutual visits.
I'd love the idea of camping in Europe, especially with some knowledgeable friends.
Time may be running out on me personally, but I'd love at least to be able to promote some exchanges.

Walt
Walt, and fiberglas friends, Over the years I have cultivated motorcycle friends in Europe, from England, Sweden, France, Austria and Czechoslovakia when it was behind the Iron Curtain. Now that I am in my 70s I don't ride with these guys anymore because of the safety issues ( cobblestones, heavy rain, riding at night, riding on the 'wrong' side of the road ) , but I still visit them and host them here. I think the same could be done with caravans ; trailer people are adventurous and inquisitive and friendly. And before you poo poo this idea : I once put up the idea on the (smaller) Scamp site of trading my Calif Scamp for an east coast trailer for a few days or weeks. Many people thought it a horrible idea, like trading tooth brushes or wives, but a few said they would do it. I never got around to trading, but cars and trailers are steel and plastic, and can be insured, and are not like trading your first born. Maybe trading yards and driveways for fiberglas camping would be a start; I would be interested.
I hope more people put up photos of Europe; I have had nothing but wonderful times across Europe , including camping. It sounds like a lot of people on here have had experiences that would be valuable for others to hear. I hope to see some of you in Quartzsite in a few weeks, maybe we can come up with new ideas , like U.S. and European trades. At least we will get some nice scenery, friends and fellowship ! Happy Trails ! DavidG in Fresno and Sonora
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #22

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
David
I was thinking of doing Quarzite this year, but I have two other extensive trips planned and more would just be an overload. I'm scheduled for the Southern Utah Tour in May and to pick up my new Escape 17B in September, or possibly August. Each of those trips will be well over a month long. Add in a few other hoped for rally trips and that'll be a full enough year. Maybe next year.

Sorry for that sideways diversion folks, but let's keep this Europe connection alive and growing.

Walt
Old 01-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #23
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
David
Your post made me think of a long term possibility that might be an outcome of this or a similar thread.
I'm thinking we might form some cross-pond friendships that might lead to swapping/sharing/renting trailers to facilitate some mutual visits.
I'd love the idea of camping in Europe, especially with some knowledgeable friends.
Time may be running out on me personally, but I'd love at least to be able to promote some exchanges.

Walt
So instead of airb&b airfgrv?
I like it......
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #24

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Works for me.

Walt
Old 01-08-2017, 05:21 PM   #25

Name: Per
Trailer: Niewiadów
Västra Götaland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Greetings Per, Wonderful pictures of the trailer and cats ! Julie and I travel with our dog some of the time. As I mentioned before, I have traveled and camped in Europe, and Sweden is one of my favorite places. My family has some Swedish background and my father-in-Law spoke GamlaSvensk, as he left there in about 1912. I have visited Gotenburg and the W. coast as well as Stockholm and up to Jokk Mokk (?) above the Arctic Circle. Beautiful in summer ! !
You mentioned starting a European Camping Thread ; well, perhaps this is it ! We should encourage all of our caravan friends to travel as far as possible , meeting new friends and forging friendships in other countries. Our politicians do not seem to be capable of doing that. Let's encourage it !
I will try to find some of my photos of my visits to the area just south of you: Halmstad, Hesselholm, Bostad, Melbystrand. A friend lives in that area and we have explored the area by motorcycle and his WWII U.S. army Jeep. I hope you will keep us up to date on your travels, and send more photos so we can form a like-minded group who is interested in camping in Europe as well as the US. Have you seen the Swedish camper magazine HJULHUSET ? I met one of the contributors at a Vintage Trailer Campout here in the US, I think it was Per-Erik from Halmstad. Are you now in Spain, as it is winter ? Drive safely and Happy Trails. David and Julie, from Fresno and Sonora, Calif.
I don't want to "kidnap" Javier's introduction thread with too much about Sweden and myself, so I cut a long story short here and take the rest in another thread. Yes, we're in Spain now. We travelled through Europe the second half of September and stopped at a Camping site close to San Sebastian for some days on our way back to the south. The weather was great during our journey. Besides we had rain for a day when we were at the Camping site in San Sebastian, we just had a few raindrops near the Danish/German border. The wipers didn't have to work for long

The weather in southern Spain was fantastic in October and the first half of November, just like pleasant summer weather in Scandinavia when the weather is good. The 4 of December kept us a bit busy, due to a torrential rain, with aprox. 200 mm (7,8") of rain in one day. The garden became flooded and water was getting in through the kitchen door, but we managed to rescue the situation pretty well by moving water as fast as possible from the floor to buckets.
PerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:38 AM   #26

Name: javier
Trailer: in the market
Spain
thanks so much for your responses and your welcome in the site.

now is winter in spain, and caravan, but soon spring will come again, and i am ready to go again to camping site.

Just to comment, in spain is forbidden sleep with your caravan out of camping site, then you should go to a camping.

prices in not hight season is arround 20€ per night (25$) for two people, car, caravan and power.

in hight season, if you go to a famous camping near mediterranean sea, price could be up to 60-70€ per night (same as a luxury hotel)

An example of one of better camping site in Spain:

Your camping site in Alicante! Enjoy your holidays, in your own way!

but of caourse, we have another campings lost in mountains with a low price.

In France prices are lowest, with a los of publics camping arround just 15€ pero night for a family.

i am preparing a trip for summer, and my idea is go to Barcelona, and catch a bouat to Genove. after that i wanna visit Venice, and maybe go to Alps, as nice places as switzerland, and return in road with Alps in france.

Europa has a lot of campings, just in spain we have 2000 Campings, and in france they have arround 4000 Campings.

BR
Javi
latumbadehuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:59 AM   #27

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Per,

I enjoyed the images of your Caravelle. We have owned 2 that we used to tow our fiberglass campers. We loved those vehicles, but since they have not been sold in the US since 2003, it is hard to find mechanics to repair them. Our latest fiberglass camper would be way too heavy for the Caravelle anyway. Welcome and here are ours.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
Uhaul at Uhaul.jpg   Bigfoot in Pendleton.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 01-12-2017, 01:47 PM   #28

Västra Götaland
Javier, I had a little closer look at your photos and could see that the fiber glass body of your caravan is turned around, so what's the front of your caravan is the rear on mine. They usually turn the body around for getting the door at the left side when these caravan is sold on the UK market. I assume your caravan originally comes from the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latumbadehuma View Post
Some pics of my little caravan:

When the Niewiadów n126 been sold on the UK market, then some of them had a canvas-kind of cloth fitted around the roof-lid preventing rain to get in. I've had a look at your video and can see that there's some sort of cloth or a fly-screen around the squarish opening.

It doesn't look the same in my Niewiadów n126d and I'm not that happy with how it's done. I would like to improve it in my caravan and I would like to see how it's been done in other caravans, especially those that's been sold in the UK. Do you mind taking a few photos where I can see in details how it's done in your caravan?
Old 01-13-2017, 07:25 AM   #29

Spain
yes. i am sure that caravan is coming from UK, because the door is in other side.

bue i have already all documentacion from spain, but i don't know how many owners had the caravan.

what do you mean for fly-screen around the squarish opening??

you mean in top of caravan? if is that is not for rain, is more for mosquitoes.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #30

Västra Götaland
Quote:
Originally Posted by latumbadehuma View Post
you mean in top of caravan? if is that is not for rain, is more for mosquitoes.
Yes, it's the elevating part of te roof I meant. So, yours only have a mosquito net. I couldn't see that clearly if it was a net or a rain canvas.

This is what I've got in the back of my mind. It's a Freedom Microlight, as the Niewiadów n126 is called in the UK, with a rain cover for the elevating part of the roof

Old 01-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #31

Spain
anyway, should be a very heacy rain to wet the caravan.

i have open ir many times, and at moment, not watter into caravan.

of course, i live in spain, and rain is just.... one time per month.

BR
javi.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #32

Västra Götaland
Javi, we're also in Spain and Mrs. is Spanish.

Even tough it's pretty warm in southern Spain during the winter, it becomes a bit chilly when the sun goes down. Then it's nice to have a "rain-cover" for the elevated part of the roof, so one can keep the roof elevated and still keep it warm and comfortable when it's a bit colder outside. We need the roof to be elevated to be able stand up straight. It's tiring for the back to cook in the caravan without being to stand up straight.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:21 AM   #33

Västra Götaland
I found another thread called "RVing in Europe" where I'll post photos etc. showing what it's looked like when I've been touring around Europe for more then 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Greetings Per, Wonderful pictures of the trailer and cats ! Julie and I travel with our dog some of the time. As I mentioned before, I have traveled and camped in Europe, and Sweden is one of my favorite places. My family has some Swedish background and my father-in-Law spoke GamlaSvensk, as he left there in about 1912. I have visited Gotenburg and the W. coast as well as Stockholm and up to Jokk Mokk (?) above the Arctic Circle. Beautiful in summer ! !
You mentioned starting a European Camping Thread ; well, perhaps this is it ! We should encourage all of our caravan friends to travel as far as possible , meeting new friends and forging friendships in other countries. Our politicians do not seem to be capable of doing that. Let's encourage it !
I will try to find some of my photos of my visits to the area just south of you: Halmstad, Hesselholm, Bostad, Melbystrand. A friend lives in that area and we have explored the area by motorcycle and his WWII U.S. army Jeep. I hope you will keep us up to date on your travels, and send more photos so we can form a like-minded group who is interested in camping in Europe as well as the US. Have you seen the Swedish camper magazine HJULHUSET ? I met one of the contributors at a Vintage Trailer Campout here in the US, I think it was Per-Erik from Halmstad. Are you now in Spain, as it is winter ? Drive safely and Happy Trails. David and Julie, from Fresno and Sonora, Calif.
David, it's interesting to hear that your fahter-in-law came from Sweden about 1912. My grandmother had five siblings that emigrated to the US about the same time. I reconnected with some of my relatives, who lives in Pittburg PA, in the late 80's. I stayed with them for about four months during the winter and spring of 1990.

Yes, Halmstad is just 100 km from where my house is located in Sweden. I've spent a bit of time in Halmstad when I worked as an engineer in the Army. Our main field for shooting with anti-aircraft guns was located at the northern end of the long beach at Tylösand, which is one of the best beaches in Sweden.