Hello from Tennessee - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #15

Name: Nancy
Trailer: In the Market
Tennessee
Thanks for all the replies and welcomes.

Dean and some others that may have asked.....we live in northwest TN about 80 miles north of Memphis across from the Missouri boothill, city of Dyersburg.

We noticed the rally at the LBL which is about a 2-2 and one half hour from our home and will see about getting one of those premative cabins to come and meet/greet.

Rz.....we would love the opportunity to see your Casita as we have never seen any of these fiberglass rvs in person.

Since we are in TN we do plan to make a trip at some point to Hohenwald to tour the Oliver plant. We are still in the looking/planning stages and not commited to anything yet. Like the Oliver but it is pricey so definitely want to look at all the fg trailers before settling on one.
Again, thanks for all the welcomes. This forum seems so nice, all willing to let folks tour their trailers etc.....just like TN 'the volunteer state'.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #16

Tennessee
I wanted to add we already have a tow vehicle so we will pretty much be good to go for a trailer. Told hubby let's try to go in Oct to the LBL rally and drive the truck so we can get any opinons on it. I'm not a good one for knowing all the facts about trucks/engine sizes etc.....but we have a ram truck 4x4 that I think the motor size is 5.2L? or something like that and already has hitch. I know the 4x4 feature is selectable-2wd, 4wd all time or somekind of deal where it you can set it to engage the 4wd if there is slippage or something like that. Hubbie tries to explain to me and I just say, okay.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #17

Name: Pamela
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Tennessee
I am about halfway between Nashville and Chattanooga, 9 miles west of Hwy. 24. Tour seekers are welcome. Although I don't have much knowledge or experience regarding the Scamp, I am happy to provide the opportunity to acquaint yourself with a 16' side dinette, front bathroom Scamp…..
Old 06-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #18

Name: Henry
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
It is an issue around here. I talked to some of the local RV dealers before I chose Casita, over Big Foot and Escape. A couple said no thanks. Also it takes time to make arrangements, even with Casita, and the RV dealers will put you at the back of the Que.

My point is that when on the road you should not count on getting it fixed where you are located. If you get lucky and find a place right off, great. This is one reason to carry a spare set of bearings that fit your rig.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:31 PM   #19

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
This might be a good thread to mention the Egg Camping club of Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. Check out their website. The Egg Camping Club of Georgia, Tennessee, & Alabama Forums.

It was at one of their local camping trips that we first set foot in an Escape 19.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #20

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palindrome View Post
I am about halfway between Nashville and Chattanooga, 9 miles west of Hwy. 24. Tour seekers are welcome. Although I don't have much knowledge or experience regarding the Scamp, I am happy to provide the opportunity to acquaint yourself with a 16' side dinette, front bathroom Scamp…..
We have a son and daughternlaw that live in Calhoun, GA. Sometimes when we are going to see the grandkids might pm to see if can stop by or are u going to LBL?

BTW all - just made us a reservation to go to the LBL in October, got a cabin in the Shortleaf loop...all the trailer sits gone and think only one cabin left. See any of you that may be coming there. Look forward to meeting folks.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #21

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
I live an hour and a half from Escape. When my furnace needed work under warranty, I took it in to an RV shop less than 2 Km from my home.
As for the rest of the trailer, I've not had any work needed.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:45 PM   #22

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
This might be a good thread to mention the Egg Camping club of Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. Check out their website. The Egg Camping Club of Georgia, Tennessee, & Alabama Forums.

It was at one of their local camping trips that we first set foot in an Escape 19.
Thanks will check it out.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:02 PM   #23

Name: Lee
Trailer: Looking
TN
TN here too! I'm still looking...and trying to get the wife interested. Good to see all the TN folks on here.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #24

Tennessee
LBL sounded really tempting but if they are already booked I guess I won't be there….
Eventually I will have to hook it up and pull it somewhere……That is the scary plan…
Old 06-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #25

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Hooking it up for the first time and pulling it does not scare me in the least. It's the thought of having to back it into a campsite while everyone watches that keeps me up at night.

Quote:
LBL sounded really tempting but if they are already booked I guess I won't be there….
Eventually I will have to hook it up and pull it somewhere……That is the scary plan…
Old 06-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #26

Name: Lapsley
Trailer: currently saving for an Oliver
Tennessee
Quote:
Do as a new Oliver owner did on his way back north. Find pull through sites, there are many more than you might imagined. No backing up, initially anyway. I plan on having a back up camera on the Oliver when I finally purchase as I will be traveling alone.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:29 PM   #27

Name: Lapsley
Trailer: currently saving for an Oliver
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Hooking it up for the first time and pulling it does not scare me in the least. It's the thought of having to back it into a campsite while everyone watches that keeps me up at night.
I meant my reply for you guys and Palindrome. I have backed up trailers in the past but none over which I couldn't see the very back, so a camera mounted on the very back of the trailer seems to be a must have for me.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:34 PM   #28

Tennessee
That camera is a great idea and I am looking into it also……Some things are so much easier with two people…...