Hello from Tennessee - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-20-2016, 06:36 PM   #29
Name: Lapsley
Trailer: currently saving for an Oliver
Originally Posted by Palindrome View Post
That camera is a great idea and I am looking into it also……Some things are so much easier with two people…...
Yes indeed, if only I could train one of my German Shepherds to bark in a fashion which would indicate the distance to the tree I'm about to back into....

Laps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:39 PM   #30
Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
I wouldn't place too much confidence in that camera.
And, best get out and look around before and during backing.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:41 PM   #31
The back up camera on my Dodge Ram is excellent, and I can back right up to a trailer first time. I would hope the technology of back cameras would be advanced enough to at least indicate immediate obstructions at the back of the trailer?
Old 06-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #32
I hope the OP doesn't mind the hijacking of their welcome thread. Should I open a new thread?
Old 06-20-2016, 07:15 PM   #33
Name: Pamela
Trailer: Scamp 16'
The tennis ball idea looks promising. I am going to try that before I have any permanent work done on my car…….
Palindrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:53 PM   #34
Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Wow...wish I had counted the "Tennesseans" on here today!! 9-10? There's one other couple that "lurks" on here near Lawrenceburg that owns a 13' Scamp as well that attends Piney regularly.

We have the 13' Scamp that's loaded- with bathroom, shower, etc. You're welcome to drop by my place in Columbia on the way to or back from Hohenwald if you'd like to see the small side of FG campers. I own a 4cyl I pull with so that was the reason for getting the small one. Also, the wife never had camped and I didnt want to invest alot in a tow vehicle AND trailer until we knew. 6 yrs later, we still enjoy the Scamp but know some day we'll get something a little larger for long-stays when we go see the kids.

Again, if you'd like to stop by, just PM me when you guys are heading to see the Olivers and I'll forward you my personal info.

Originally Posted by NancyandKen View Post
Thanks for all the replies and welcomes.

Dean and some others that may have asked.....we live in northwest TN about 80 miles north of Memphis across from the Missouri boothill, city of Dyersburg.

We noticed the rally at the LBL which is about a 2-2 and one half hour from our home and will see about getting one of those premative cabins to come and meet/greet.

Rz.....we would love the opportunity to see your Casita as we have never seen any of these fiberglass rvs in person.

Since we are in TN we do plan to make a trip at some point to Hohenwald to tour the Oliver plant. We are still in the looking/planning stages and not commited to anything yet. Like the Oliver but it is pricey so definitely want to look at all the fg trailers before settling on one.
Again, thanks for all the welcomes. This forum seems so nice, all willing to let folks tour their trailers etc.....just like TN 'the volunteer state'.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:06 PM   #35
Name: Dean
Trailer: 2005 Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe
Hi Nancy & Ken and All!

Great thread to see so many Tennessee folks chiming in!!!

Nancy and Ken, I am familiar with Dyersburg after living in Memphis for 5 years. I think there is a community and technical college there.

Given Laura and I are 22 miles north of the Tennessee line in KY on I-65 and I travel through Tennessee all the time to visit my brother in Southaven, MS (just south of Memphis), it is great to know there is so much eggtivity going on!

Laura and I would always be willing to show our Casita if any of you make it up I-65. Feel free to PM me.

Darral was part of the crew that showed Laura and I so much hospitality at the LBL rally last year that we made the plunge and bought our Casita the next month, so watch out for him!!!

Take care,

Laura & Dean | '05 Casita 17' FD | '09 Kia Borrego Limited V8 2WD
DeanCHS1980 is online now   Reply With Quote