Hello from Tennessee - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I live an hour and a half from Escape. When my furnace needed work under warranty, I took it in to an RV shop less than 2 Km from my home.
As for the rest of the trailer, I've not had any work needed.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:45 PM   #22

Name: Nancy
Trailer: In the Market
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
This might be a good thread to mention the Egg Camping club of Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. Check out their website. The Egg Camping Club of Georgia, Tennessee, & Alabama Forums.

It was at one of their local camping trips that we first set foot in an Escape 19.
Thanks will check it out.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:02 PM   #23

Name: Lee
Trailer: Looking
TN
TN here too! I'm still looking...and trying to get the wife interested. Good to see all the TN folks on here.
Lee Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #24

Name: Pamela
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Tennessee
LBL sounded really tempting but if they are already booked I guess I won't be there….
Eventually I will have to hook it up and pull it somewhere……That is the scary plan…
Palindrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #25

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Hooking it up for the first time and pulling it does not scare me in the least. It's the thought of having to back it into a campsite while everyone watches that keeps me up at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palindrome View Post
LBL sounded really tempting but if they are already booked I guess I won't be there….
Eventually I will have to hook it up and pull it somewhere……That is the scary plan…
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:26 PM   #26

Name: Lapsley
Trailer: currently saving for an Oliver
Tennessee
Quote:
Do as a new Oliver owner did on his way back north. Find pull through sites, there are many more than you might imagined. No backing up, initially anyway. I plan on having a back up camera on the Oliver when I finally purchase as I will be traveling alone.
Laps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:29 PM   #27

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Hooking it up for the first time and pulling it does not scare me in the least. It's the thought of having to back it into a campsite while everyone watches that keeps me up at night.
I meant my reply for you guys and Palindrome. I have backed up trailers in the past but none over which I couldn't see the very back, so a camera mounted on the very back of the trailer seems to be a must have for me.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:34 PM   #28

Tennessee
That camera is a great idea and I am looking into it also……Some things are so much easier with two people…...
Old 06-20-2016, 06:36 PM   #29

Tennessee
Quote:
That camera is a great idea and I am looking into it also……Some things are so much easier with two people…...
Yes indeed, if only I could train one of my German Shepherds to bark in a fashion which would indicate the distance to the tree I'm about to back into....
Old 06-20-2016, 06:39 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I wouldn't place too much confidence in that camera.
And, best get out and look around before and during backing.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:41 PM   #31

Tennessee
The back up camera on my Dodge Ram is excellent, and I can back right up to a trailer first time. I would hope the technology of back cameras would be advanced enough to at least indicate immediate obstructions at the back of the trailer?
Old 06-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #32

Tennessee
I hope the OP doesn't mind the hijacking of their welcome thread. Should I open a new thread?
Old 06-20-2016, 07:15 PM   #33

Tennessee
The tennis ball idea looks promising. I am going to try that before I have any permanent work done on my car…….
Old 06-20-2016, 08:53 PM   #34

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Wow...wish I had counted the "Tennesseans" on here today!! 9-10? There's one other couple that "lurks" on here near Lawrenceburg that owns a 13' Scamp as well that attends Piney regularly.

Nancy,

We have the 13' Scamp that's loaded- with bathroom, shower, etc. You're welcome to drop by my place in Columbia on the way to or back from Hohenwald if you'd like to see the small side of FG campers. I own a 4cyl I pull with so that was the reason for getting the small one. Also, the wife never had camped and I didnt want to invest alot in a tow vehicle AND trailer until we knew. 6 yrs later, we still enjoy the Scamp but know some day we'll get something a little larger for long-stays when we go see the kids.

Again, if you'd like to stop by, just PM me when you guys are heading to see the Olivers and I'll forward you my personal info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyandKen View Post
Thanks for all the replies and welcomes.

Dean and some others that may have asked.....we live in northwest TN about 80 miles north of Memphis across from the Missouri boothill, city of Dyersburg.

We noticed the rally at the LBL which is about a 2-2 and one half hour from our home and will see about getting one of those premative cabins to come and meet/greet.

Rz.....we would love the opportunity to see your Casita as we have never seen any of these fiberglass rvs in person.

Since we are in TN we do plan to make a trip at some point to Hohenwald to tour the Oliver plant. We are still in the looking/planning stages and not commited to anything yet. Like the Oliver but it is pricey so definitely want to look at all the fg trailers before settling on one.
Again, thanks for all the welcomes. This forum seems so nice, all willing to let folks tour their trailers etc.....just like TN 'the volunteer state'.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:06 PM   #35

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Nancy & Ken and All!

Great thread to see so many Tennessee folks chiming in!!!

Nancy and Ken, I am familiar with Dyersburg after living in Memphis for 5 years. I think there is a community and technical college there.

Given Laura and I are 22 miles north of the Tennessee line in KY on I-65 and I travel through Tennessee all the time to visit my brother in Southaven, MS (just south of Memphis), it is great to know there is so much eggtivity going on!

Laura and I would always be willing to show our Casita if any of you make it up I-65. Feel free to PM me.

Darral was part of the crew that showed Laura and I so much hospitality at the LBL rally last year that we made the plunge and bought our Casita the next month, so watch out for him!!!

Take care,

Dean