Hello from the Colorado Rockies - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #1

Name: Kent
Trailer: 2016 Casita LD 17
Colorado
Hello from the Colorado Rockies

Hello All,

We are Kent & Jo from Evergreen, Colorado - living at 7700 feet in the shadow of beautiful Mount Evans. We've enjoyed the cool, crisp high country since moving here after retirement in 2005 - what a change from the Texas gulf coast! In 2015 we decided it was time to stop crawling into a tent when camping and enjoy a little more comfort.

Enter "El Huevito" our little egg. Picked up the Casita LD17 in Rice, TX in April, 2016 - 6 months after ordering - but well worth the wait. We've spent the past 3 years "customizing" it with our person touch.

We're fortunate to now live in the Rocky Mountain West where there is so much public land and so many excellent Forest Service campgrounds. Our preference is dispersed camping out in the middle of nowhere - and the Casita gets us there just fine.

We have enjoyed this excellent FiberglassRV site and the informative forums and decided to join-up and start participating.

Looking forward to interacting with our new online friends.

Kent
KentWatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:13 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Kent and Jo, from the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. I agree about the benefits of western living (relocated here from Maryland 35 years ago). But say it quietly... don't want the word getting out!

Seriously though, enjoy your new Casita!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome to the forum Kent and Jo!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Welcome my wife and I recently moved from so calif ( I think I need to update my profile) just about a yr ago to lone tree Colorado ... we just picked up a little joe ( weiscraft mfg)... maybe we will run into you someplace
Alan & Cindy
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #5

Name: Karen
Trailer: Big Foot
Michigan
Welcome Kent & Jo. We live in Castle Pines and are waiting delivery on our 4th and final RV, the Bigfoot. Tom and I moved to CO 30+ years ago and the majority of our camping is in National Forest, National Parks and State Campgrounds as well. We get up to Evergreen periodically for a "Sunday drive to the Mountains" Maybe we will bump into along the way. Happy Camping.
Karen in CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:42 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe
Hi Kent and Jo from your neighbors in Bergen Park. We have been Casita travelers since we purchased "Cassie" in 2000 (17 ft FD). Right now we are snow birds and will return in May. We will take Cassie out of storage and go down to Chatfield state park D loop June 8 and 9. Maybe we will see you there for a visit.
Walt and Marka
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
2019 Rocky Mountain Egg Rally June 24-27

For all you front range Egg owners, myself and two other Egg owners (they were formally Scamp owners and are now proud Escape owners) are hosting a Egg Rendezvous west of Fort Collins in the Mountain Park group camp site. If you are interested you can get more information at:
https://sites.google.com/site/rockym...eggrendezvous/
Love those Colorado Rocky Mountains.
Thom Rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Is this limited to any specific trailer mfg
We recently moved to Littleton and recently purchased a little joe
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote