Hello from TN. Questions on Scamp 13 options. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
Tennessee
Hello from TN. Questions on Scamp 13 options.

Hello, All. This is a great site. We just sold our over-grown Aerolite hybrid camper and are planning on buying a new Scamp 13 in the next month or so. We're so excited about what these fiberglass units offer. Will be ordering the front couch model with their "popular equipment" package. To this I plan to add A/C, electric brakes, and a gray water tank.

We want to keep things simple but comfortable. My question to all of you who own Scamps and similar units is, are there any options that you feel are an absolute necessity? Anything you wish you had but don't? Any comments about working with the Scamp factory? This will probably be he last camper we own.

I look forward to your replies and experience.

Regards,
Steve
Lebanon, TN
SailorSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Steve, welcome to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here!

I don't think there's anything more personal than the place you'll sleep.... but, these are my suggestions..

Brakes
All the overhead cabinets you can get
Fantastic Fan
Screen door

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Everything Donna said. We would not want to be without the front and rear overhead cabinets.

You might also want an additional 110 outlet.

A very important addition for us was the small window over the stove. We always leave that cracked for fresh air. Can be left open when raining.

Wish I had the gray water tank. Smart move.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Steve,

Too bad you aren't picking up your trailer Sept 19ish. We have a gathering in Duluth, MN that weekend. Not too far from Backus.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #5

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Scamp has Arrived - Layout 7
Minnesota
Ditto on the front and rear overhead cabinets. We also added extra lights and 12 volt outlets, city water inlet on its own faucet, outside 110 outlet, screen door, Fantastic Fan, TV antenna, air conditioner, vinyl flooring instead of carpet (we would have destroyed that carpet in two camping trips), awning, white fiberglass back splash behind galley plus little opening window above galley also.

We love all of our adders but truly appreciate the awning, screen door, fan, and vinyl flooring. We just use small carpets on the vinyl floor for style and warmth. They are easy to clean -- just shake them out.

Dan
Dan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #6

Trailer: 2003 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSteve View Post
Hello, All. This is a great site. We just sold our over-grown Aerolite hybrid camper and are planning on buying a new Scamp 13 in the next month or so. We're so excited about what these fiberglass units offer. Will be ordering the front couch model with their "popular equipment" package. To this I plan to add A/C, electric brakes, and a gray water tank.

We want to keep things simple but comfortable. My question to all of you who own Scamps and similar units is, are there any options that you feel are an absolute necessity? Anything you wish you had but don't? Any comments about working with the Scamp factory? This will probably be he last camper we own.

I look forward to your replies and experience.

Regards,
Steve
Lebanon, TN
We also have a 2011 13' Scamp with most of what was suggested and are very happy. Instead of an awning we have a 10' x 10' pop up canopy/screenhouse but also thinking of adding an awning. We did have an outlet added to the outside of our Scamp and it has come in very handy. Good luck and welcome to the Scamp world. Enjoy
russelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #7

Name: Janelle & Jerry
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Registry
We also got the option pkg, screen door, extra cabinets, lights, city water, grey water tank, cable but the #1 thing we wished we had gotten was the Fantastic Fan! Other than that, we are happy as clams and love the Scamp.
Jerry-Janelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
Tennessee
Thanks everyone.

Thanks all. Based on feedback I am going to spring for the Fantastic Fan too. Will be placing the order tomorrow. Should be ready for pickup at the end of October. I'm excited.
SailorSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Welcome Steve, my must have's would be:
Screen Door
Front & rear overhead bins
Fantastic Fan
Exterior 110 Electrical outlet
Silver ware Drawer
Awning
3 way fridge
Front window Gravel/rock shield
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #10

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
We use a 10 x 10 pop up canopy and it works well but is heavy, and bulky. On the upside properyl staked it's probably stronger than many built in canopies, and a whole lot cheaper to replace.

Really wish we had a screen door, after seeing some options for velcro and "magic screen" with magnets at the Mich rally I'm really thinking that would be a good addition to have done for next year.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
We have a 13' Scamp we bought new almost 7 years ago. Bought the package, additional overhead cabinet, brakes, gray water tank. No A/C.
What would I do differently?
I wouldn't add anything more. But I would have asked to not have the light above the sink, it's a 120 Volt light, and no converter. I also bought an outside duplex 120 Volt gfi outlet I would do away with.

Tags
scamp