Hello from Vancouver Island - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #1

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Hello from Vancouver Island

In chatting with my hubby last night we realized that we hadn't introduced ourselves on this forum after finally buying our 1972 Boler 13'. But have been asking a few questions related to repairs and info.

So hello from Victoria BC! We are a youngish couple (with two huskies and no kids) who have spent over two years hunting for the right project Boler.

We found it in early September and are currently replacing and fiberglassing in the new floor (almost done now!). After that we will be pulling off the frame to check the shape of the axle (it looks good at this point but only a good look once off will give us our answer). We will also be replacing the floor support frame as it has never been replaced and is very rusty, welding in reinforcements + powder coating after that. Then just fixing wear and tear (window parts ordered, ensolite seams already caulked taped and ready for possible painting, cabinets out and still deciding what we will be doing repairing the gelcoat or painting? and decorating).

We hope to be finished in time to come out to a meet! We are very dedicated to finishing up ASAP as we are avid campers, backpackers, and hikers and can't waiting to get out camping!

Hope to meet some local people (and others of course) who share our interest in Bolers + Fiberglass Eggs

Cheers,
Lindsey, Matt, Maska and Nikita (the huskies~ we are also crazy dog people!)
Attached Thumbnails
image-2176780406.jpg  
bomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi there crazy dog people You'll fit right into this group! There's lots of nice, helpful people who are fanatics about dogs, cats, photography, etc. in addition to their EGGS.

Nice to meet 'cha!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Welcome. Sounds like you have jumped into your reno with both feet!!!!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #4

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Hello from the mainland! Nice egg. I've been looking since september but hope it doesn't take two years. I'm hoping to crash an egg meet next year if I don't have my own by then to look and meet people (or would it be crack an egg meet). Also youngish and my dog is Huskyish.

Cheers,
Mark
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Waving at you from the mainland. Would love to have you come and join our meet at the end of June.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #6

Name: Noel
Trailer: 1979 13' Boler
British Columbia
Registry
Hello from Black Creek (also on Vancouver Island - which we prefer to think of as the "other" mainland). We are a semi-retired couple, with no kids, who board dogs in our home and take in foster dogs for a rescue organization in Qualicum Beach. We usually have 3-4 dogs at any given time.

We just got our Boler this past summer and haven't yet had a chance to take her out. We have just had a transmission cooler installed on our tow vehicle, as it's a Toyota Corolla, and are looking at having surge brakes put on the trailer, for added safety.

If you're ever camping up this way, let us know and perhaps we could have our own mini meetup.

Noel & Grace
Red-Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #7

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Donna you seem to be very knowledgeable and gave me some helpful food for though a few weeks ago when I was contemplating buying an old fridge (which didn't work out so we are now thinking ice box)! So thank you for the help

Our search only took so long because we wanted an original or near to, that we could tastefully, properly and safely update to all of our wants and needs. We also toyed with buying a few other types of trailers (a tab, a 1956 Westfalia trailer and a '60's Shasta) but finally agreed our hearts were with a Boler. We are limited because of our tow vehicle which is a '04 (Supercharged, Manual V6) Nissan Xterra which actually can only pull 3500lbs. So hopefully Wild Birder your search is much shorter!! Despite the fairly major (for us newbie handypersons anyway) restoration we are ecstatic to finally have graduated to a trailer and a great one at that!

Red dwarf, we foster down here too and I work with a local rescue as well, both of our two hooligans are rescues and are truly mutts, who just look like purebreds! We love all dogs, but have a soft spot for husky antics. Our older girl who is 9, was starting to feel the cold and damp sleeping in a tent so it was one of our excuses for getting a Boler before next season (and we like to winter camp). If we are up your way it would definitely be nice to meet some fellow Boler enthusiasts! Is there an annual meet here on V.I.? We love to roam the Island, so hopefully at some point in the spring or summer will be headed up island. And please let us know if you will be down our way

Can't wait to meet some of you at a meet, I'm assuming that the big BC meet is the Fort Langley gathering?
bomni is offline   Reply With Quote